Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Century Lodge Osbourne Bay suggestions

Message Subject: Century Lodge Osbourne Bay suggestions
muskyroller
Posted 7/16/2019 11:50 AM (#942433)
Subject: Century Lodge Osbourne Bay suggestions

edit

Edited by muskyroller 7/28/2019 7:47 AM
Cfollow
Posted 7/16/2019 11:57 AM (#942435 - in reply to #942433)
Subject: RE: South Shore Lodge Eagle Lake

Never been there but I wouldn't say between Vermilion Bay and Nash's Bay is out of the way. Lots of places that don't require boat in access that are centrally located.
JZ2386
Posted 7/16/2019 1:15 PM (#942443 - in reply to #942435)
Subject: Re: South Shore Lodge Eagle Lake

Are you looking for lake info in the area? Or the lodge itself? It is a good location as you can get to good waters in both directions. There will be quite a bit of boat traffic cruising by since it is the only way to get from the main lake up to portage bay and vermilion bay or the other way around. The road you drive in on to the launch to get there is pretty hairy. I have only heard good things from people who stay there.
muskyroller
Posted 7/16/2019 3:00 PM (#942449 - in reply to #942433)

Interested in lake information, multi species, and what the accommodations are like. Thanks
JZ2386
Posted 7/16/2019 3:22 PM (#942451 - in reply to #942449)

South Shore is a good spot for multi species. Easy walleye fishing just to the east and south into muskeg bay. To the north is portage bay which is trout waters. Good smallmouth fishing with some potential big muskies. All of this is within a 15 min ride of South Shore. Don't know about accomodations. Haven't stayed there. I have only stayed at Pine Beach Lodge on Portage but I have made the trip past SS quite a few times.
WiscoMusky
Posted 7/24/2019 12:09 PM (#942989 - in reply to #942433)

If you are interested in the most “out of the way” lodge on Eagle, check out Century Lodge. They happen to be the only lodge on all of Osbourne/Nivens Bay section of Eagle lake- it is the most remote lodge on the lake! Excellent musky and multi species fishing, without long boat rides to find fish. After fishing out of some other lodges on Eagle, we will be returning to Century Lodge this August for our 9th consecutive trip- because it has been the best fishing, hospitality and lodge experience. Shoot Randy a message, and check out their website or Facebook page for some more info!
muskyroller
Posted 7/28/2019 7:43 AM (#943224 - in reply to #942433)

We landed on Century Lodge in Osborne Bay. South Shore closes the last week of August. September 8-12.

Any suggestions for this section of Eagle? Thanks all.
Steve
WiscoMusky
Posted 8/16/2019 2:05 PM (#945450 - in reply to #942433)
Subject: Re: Century Lodge Osbourne Bay suggestions

Century Lodge is awesome, i will be arriving there tomorrow for the week. I can give our report when I return on the 25th!
Cabbage Patch
Posted 8/16/2019 7:29 PM (#945469 - in reply to #945450)

Went to Osbourne for two years. PM me if interested in information and Some good areas to try.
WiscoMusky
Posted 8/26/2019 12:45 PM (#945925 - in reply to #942433)

Just returned from Century Lodge. We ended up with 16 musky over the week. Weeds and cabbage seemed to have more active fish during the cold front that came through early last week, but as the sun came out during the second half of the week, we got all our action from rocks. Particularly rocks connecting bays to open water. We caught fish on nearly everything, bucktail, topwater, suicks, medussas, and crankbaits. We really had to run and gun to different spots to find active fish. Color wise, chartreuse and black was good for us. I do believe Century Lodge is running a special lodge price for the remainder of the year, and they do have some open dates if you’re interested in chasing fish at a top notch lodge on Eagle! Reach out to Randy Tyran on here, or on Century Lodges Facebook page for more info!
ColdLabatts
Posted 8/27/2019 6:42 AM (#945962 - in reply to #942433)

What are their rental boats like? I see they have an upgraded one but no price listed for it.
Ruddiger
Posted 8/27/2019 7:50 AM (#945971 - in reply to #945925)

WiscoMusky - 8/26/2019 1:45 PM

Just returned from Century Lodge. We ended up with 16 musky over the week. Weeds and cabbage seemed to have more active fish during the cold front that came through early last week, but as the sun came out during the second half of the week, we got all our action from rocks. Particularly rocks connecting bays to open water. We caught fish on nearly everything, bucktail, topwater, suicks, medussas, and crankbaits. We really had to run and gun to different spots to find active fish. Color wise, chartreuse and black was good for us. I do believe Century Lodge is running a special lodge price for the remainder of the year, and they do have some open dates if you’re interested in chasing fish at a top notch lodge on Eagle! Reach out to Randy Tyran on here, or on Century Lodges Facebook page for more info!

Howdy,

Out of curiosity, how many people were in your group?

Take care,

Ruddiger
chasintails
Posted 8/27/2019 10:23 AM (#945977 - in reply to #942433)

Also curious what the size of the fish you caught were. I stayed there a couple summers ago, but never saw the quality of the fish I was looking for, and like Eagle is known for. Plenty of Low 40 inch fish but don't think we ever even seen a legit 50.
WiscoMusky
Posted 8/29/2019 11:30 AM (#946139 - in reply to #942433)

The upgraded boats are $450 for the week I believe, 18.5ft boats with nice casting decks, minn Kota trollling motor, humminbird.

Our biggest fish from our previous trips to Century has been a 52.5. With the cold front that came through this year, the first half of the week was very tough. Although the biggest fish we contacted was actually on the first day of the trip, in the ballpark of 48in. We caught our three biggest fish of the week in the last two days, of our trip this year, mid 40in fish.

redskeet100
Posted 8/30/2019 2:39 PM (#946195 - in reply to #942433)

I have stayed at Century Lodge once. Not a bad experience but I thought their boats were equivalent to what you would find at a fly-in. To have to pay $450 for a casting deck, trolling motor and a motor that will actually get you places seems high especially when other lodges on the lake offer it as part of their normal package.

I like the Osbourne area, but it seems you will likely see 40-42" musky all week. In all the times I have fished that area, I can count the encounters with 50" fish on one hand but I usually only alot a day or two out of my week to go down there. The year I stayed at Century, with 2 of us in the boat we raised 63 fish, and maybe 2 of those were over 45" fish. Does Bob Mehsikoner still fish that area? Haven't seen a new show from Century in a long time.
muskyroller
Posted 9/1/2019 9:05 PM (#946248 - in reply to #946195)

My dad and uncle are heading up on Sunday. Wishing I could join, but sadly, no.
wooglin
Posted 9/5/2019 7:28 AM (#946359 - in reply to #942433)

Jim Crowley fishes there several times per year and has a show on it. I think he targets smallies, walleye and muskie....
RandyT
Posted 9/5/2019 9:57 PM (#946388 - in reply to #946195)

Just reading through the posts, really enjoy them. Just wanted to point out that our upgraded boats (18ft Crestliner Kodiaks with leased 50hp trim tilt, electric start, bow mount trolling motor, cubbies for storage as well as livewell and rod locker, and also modification to the back of the boat so you have a casting deck from the back which is very nice expecially for the muskie fisherman.
You are correct, a number of lodges do offer these boats as standard, however, motor ins is not included plus we want to offer package plans that reasonable for guests to come up and that is why we offer the regular boat as a standard in the package plan which also although basic does the trick (16ft deep V Lund with 25hp leased 4 stroke yamis). Not sure how long you were up but we have done and continue to do a lot of improvements each year including the boat and would love to have you back up!
Bob is semi retired and doesn't have an active TV show, however, he does still fish with us from time to time just because he loves Osbourne and us as a family. Hook and Hunt TV have some awesome shoots with us over the past two years, just had Angling Edge up for a shoot, and Great Lakes Fisherman's Digest is coming up in a few weeks for a fall muskie shoot. Hope you get a chance to see some of them!
Biggest fish in caught in camp this year is 53.5", my personal best this year is 50 inches caught on a Jackpot, and we have had several 55" fish caught and released over the years. We have both numbers and big catchable fish and are on the remote end of Eagle. Would love to have you back up again or anyone reaching this thread and you are welcome to bring up your own boat should you have one.

FYI It has been cool and I anticipate an early excellent fall bite. Come sneak up with us and enjoy killer muskie fishing 5 to 10 minutes from camp! Casting Trolling Suckers.

Randy Tyran
www.centurylodge.com
www.facebook.com/centurylodge

Edited by RandyT 9/5/2019 10:01 PM
Guest1
Posted 9/13/2019 11:04 AM (#946750 - in reply to #942433)
Subject: RE: Century Lodge Osbourne Bay suggestions

Century Lodge will treat you right, and Kay's cooking, Mmmmmm. Was up there Labor day weekend for 4 days, water temp 62 degrees everything we caught was in
3 ft of water, largest was 45", caught 4, lost 4 more, all the losses where on glides or softtails, all the catches where on bucktails, one was on a top raider, weather was bad 2 days, rain all day. All in all a good trip.

muskyroller
Posted 9/13/2019 2:30 PM (#946767 - in reply to #942433)

Fishing was tough Sunday the 8th-Wednesday the 11th, for my dad and uncle. Out of the group of 4, they caught 3 and missed one. 39" was the biggest on a Rove, glider. They spent the time they could fish on walleyes and smallies. Very little time was spent casting for muskies was my understanding. So, only spending a limited amount of time throwing for muskies and getting rained on constantly for a couple days, it sounds like they actually did really well. Hopefully I get to join them in August next year...would love to fish Eagle. They had nothing but good things to say about Randy and crew.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)