Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> ordering from muskyshop.com - to Canada

Message Subject: ordering from muskyshop.com - to Canada
2hornunicorn
Posted 7/4/2019 12:29 PM (#941726)
Subject: ordering from muskyshop.com - to Canada

Hey there,
Has anyone bought stuff from the Musky shop and sent to Canada? I am wondering if they charge duties on the goods. I have ordered from the US before, sometimes I have a charge, sometimes I am not... Anyone know much about this
Bondy
Posted 7/4/2019 1:45 PM (#941733 - in reply to #941726)
Subject: Re: ordering from muskyshop.com - to Canada

I think Canada customs would put the fees on. If they offer USPS ground the customs clearance fee would be the smallest. You may even get charged nothing at all when it comes across. I get boxes all the time from the US with no fees at all, but other days not so lucky.
supertrollr
Posted 7/4/2019 2:28 PM (#941736 - in reply to #941726)

if they ship via any other way than usps first class you will have to pay taxes.whit usps u got chance that it will pass free of taxe but not always. ups and purolator is junk, but i have no idea which one they use since they charge almost twice the price of muskytackle and rino, so i never order from there since at least 15 years
danlaboucane
Posted 7/5/2019 4:24 PM (#941821 - in reply to #941726)

i am in quebec, canada and ordered a few times a year from rollie's for a few years and it seems that canada post does not let a lot pas untaxed these days but did before , still only taxes not duty but like said if UPS or PUROLATER dutys are collected from them , but if still the same (last fall ) james dosen't use anything but USPS but we still get taxed from canada post .
Zinox
Posted 7/6/2019 3:24 AM (#941832 - in reply to #941726)

Try ordering to Europe from The states, shipping is often around the 30-70 usd, than 28% tariff and a handling fee of 20 usd.
Being addicted to nice musky tackle is pricey when you live on the wrong side of the big pond.
lifeisfun
Posted 7/6/2019 4:31 AM (#941835 - in reply to #941736)

supertrollr - 7/4/2019 3:28 PM

if they ship via any other way than usps first class you will have to pay taxes.whit usps u got chance that it will pass free of taxe but not always. ups and purolator is junk, but i have no idea which one they use since they charge almost twice the price of muskytackle and rino, so i never order from there since at least 15 years

Fedex also to be avoided, these clowns will deliver and send you bill couple weeks later how much you owe them in custom clearance fee and tax.

supertrollr
Posted 7/6/2019 3:10 PM (#941858 - in reply to #941726)

for sure
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)