Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Auto Chart live question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Auto Chart live question
ndmusky50
Posted 7/8/2019 4:59 AM (#941910)
Subject: Auto Chart live question

I have two Helix 9 and I have used the auto chart feature a little bit and do like it enough to get the chip to have more memory. What i am wondering is do i need to chips for each graph being the depths are a little different with the location of transducer and i was wondering if i swap that card will it confuse the system at all also i was wondering if anyone has any experience with the pc software for the auto chart live system and is it worth spending the extra 100$ for that
tenthousandand1
Posted 7/8/2019 7:28 AM (#941912 - in reply to #941910)
Subject: RE: Auto Chart live question

I use Autochart Live quite a bit. In fact, I wish LakeMaster would colorize their maps like AC Live does - it gives me a great way to visualize contour.
AC Live natively saves the mapping information to your head unit. If you put in the Auto Chart Live Zero SD card, the unit will transfer all of your mapping data and all new Autochart live data to the Zero Lines SD card.
I would map from one unit exclusively. It shouldn't be that much of a difference between front and back transducers, and when you turn the boat, you'll be over-writing data from one to the other.
I really don't know how networked units deal with mapping. Can you swap screens or create views from one 'bird's display and put it on another?
I haven't used the PC software but I've seen some cool 3D rendered maps it makes. For all of the advanced technology, you'd think they'd make these things able to share on a wifi network. That would make all of this a lot easier.
Don't know if I answered your question, but, it's a good topic. Hope others respond with more info.
-Darryl
KingT
Posted 7/8/2019 9:12 AM (#941918 - in reply to #941910)
Subject: Re: Auto Chart live question

Pretty sure units don't share autochart, I have two units that are networked but I run two zero lines cards
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)