Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lakes and Tips for Muskie Fishing in Iowa

Message Subject: Lakes and Tips for Muskie Fishing in Iowa
Muskie414
Posted 6/21/2019 10:04 AM (#941095)
Subject: Lakes and Tips for Muskie Fishing in Iowa

I am moving from Colorado to Iowa in July and was seeing if anyone would be kind enough to share some advice on regions/lakes that have good muskie populations. I am initially from Wisconsin and have all the gear and tactics to pattern the muskie, but wanted to see if there are any known areas of IA that have good populations. I have done research and found lakes near the MN border and I am close enough to run up to MN for a weekend trip. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!
djwilliams
Posted 6/21/2019 12:29 PM (#941105 - in reply to #941095)
Subject: RE: Lakes and Tips for Muskie Fishing in Iowa

Where are you at in IA if I may ask?
Muskie414
Posted 6/21/2019 2:01 PM (#941116 - in reply to #941105)
Subject: RE: Lakes and Tips for Muskie Fishing in Iowa

I will be in the Ankeny/Des Moines area.
djwilliams
Posted 6/21/2019 6:23 PM (#941127 - in reply to #941095)
Subject: Re: Lakes and Tips for Muskie Fishing in Iowa

I'm in Ames. Was at Big Creek last night, been there 3x in the last week. Not really fishing muskies. Never seen a muskie there. I spend my time in MN. What I've heard of Big Creek and Brushy is that they are better in April and May. Guy I talked to last night that I trust says he sees muskies at Big Creek during the time of year walleye are trying to spawn. However I know that West Okoboji and Clear are better September October lakes. In my opinion the extra drive time to French Lake or Cedar in southern Mn are worth it. I've heard Fox Lake near Fairmont has more recently been stocked with muskies too.
cedarstrip
Posted 6/25/2019 12:57 PM (#941313 - in reply to #941095)
Subject: Re: Lakes and Tips for Muskie Fishing in Iowa

Check your pm's
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)