Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Which Lake to Fish Which Day?

Message Subject: Which Lake to Fish Which Day?
Slamr
Posted 5/29/2019 9:44 AM (#939022)
Subject: Which Lake to Fish Which Day?

Dilemma: two days to fish. One say is super fish weather, the other very EH.

Two lakes to fish: one I know really well and the other I need to learn.

Which lake do you fish which day?
Sudszee
Posted 5/29/2019 9:49 AM (#939023 - in reply to #939022)
Subject: Re: Which Lake to Fish Which Day?

Flip coin, then do the opposite.
VMS
Posted 5/29/2019 10:09 AM (#939025 - in reply to #939022)
Subject: RE: Which Lake to Fish Which Day?

Hiya,

Go to the lake you don't know on what you are considering the good day to fish. If you fish in what is considered traditional locations, you might get some sort of action from fish, but if none, check secondary spots and see if you can find anything that works. A partner in the boat would be valuable here as throwing two different baits of compatible speed, but different styles and actions. This sets you up for a higher potential to find triggers for fish.

On the not so good day, head to the body of water you know... I would consider this your go-to when things are off as you have some semblance of what to do. You aren't going in blindly there. Apply the same as above, but if it's an off day, possibly downsize or slow down presentations...

If you are wanting to get lots of action, then reverse the two....hit your go-to for the action, then grind it out on the lake you don't know-find areas that look good, learn them well. Find the spot on the spot. Spend time watching your locator to find weed edges, points, little subtle changes in bottom. Use it as a research day.

Steve
8HPTROLLER
Posted 5/29/2019 10:20 AM (#939026 - in reply to #939022)

I agree with Steve 100%. The lake you are familiar with, you already know where the fish come from. Going to the lake you need to learn on a day you are predicting the fish will move due to weather conditions is a great way to learn where they come from on that body of water.

Rich
ToddM
Posted 5/29/2019 11:32 AM (#939035 - in reply to #939022)

While I do not disagree with the above it's not enough information to make a decision for you.
djwilliams
Posted 6/5/2019 12:15 AM (#940378 - in reply to #939022)

Two days? Fish the familiar lake. Get on the new lake when you have more time to dissect it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)