Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Ontario Canada Lakes

Message Subject: Ontario Canada Lakes
ToothyCritter
Posted 4/24/2019 1:33 PM (#936167)
Subject: Ontario Canada Lakes

I'm looking to take the wife and 2 boys to Canada for a Muskie hunt adventure. Late July or Early August. Kids go back to School 8/14/19.

I'm looking at Nipeeing (Chaudiere Lodge) - Eagle Lake (no resort picked out yet as a potential destination.) And LOTW. We have fished LOTW before and it's fantastic, I just know what the wife is going to say when all of the mosquitoes come out at prime-time. Never been to Eagle or Nip but figure it's the same deal there. Big fish potential is a must but action to keep the boy's happy would help keep the lips from hanging..

I'm looking for other options and respect the ideas and suggestions that come from this forum.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 4/24/2019 1:39 PM (#936168 - in reply to #936167)
Subject: Re: Ontario Canada Lakes

I am doing Vermilion Bay Lodge on Eagle twice this year. Once early, once late. I expect good things from the Lodge and time will tell what the fishing will be like.
WiscoMusky
Posted 4/25/2019 7:26 PM (#936269 - in reply to #936168)

I would highly suggest doing some research about Century Lodge, in Osborne Bay of Eagle Lake. Our family will be making our 9th trip to Century Lodge this August, after fishing from a few other lodges on Eagle. We’ve found Century to be the quintessential lodge and Canadian fishing trip, and the family run resort makes our decision a no brainer to return.

Century is the most remote lodge on all of Eagle lake. And the fishing is excellent! We primarily musky fish (our best week was 36 musky between 4 guys, up to 52inches!) and unlike other lodges, the fishing is fantastic close to the lodge. No need to spend lots of time driving to spots. In fact, One of my favorite spots can be seen from the island. Osbourne Bay is also home to fantastic smallmouth, walleye, pike and perch fishing. Whether you want lots of action or a nice shore lunch, there are lots of options. They also have special day trips- check out the Musky Only lake!! Your wife and kids would be more than entertained.

They Tyran family runs the lodge all on their own. You really won’t find a harder working, high character family ran lodge anywhere. From the moment you arrive, you can tell they love to take care of their guests, and make sure you have the best vacation possible. Did I mention the food? Delicious and healthy home made meals, made all by Mrs Tyran herself. Add all of that up, plus the quite, beautiful island that you call home for the week, and you truly can’t beat this experience.

Check out Century Lodge- I promise you will not be disappointed!

Edited by WiscoMusky 4/25/2019 7:30 PM
Davidb
Posted 4/25/2019 10:03 PM (#936276 - in reply to #936168)

I take annual trips to Eagle Lake and the fishing is consistently great (20+ trips lifetime). My father and I stay at Century Lodge on Osbourne Bay and target muskie, walleye, and bass. This particular part of the lake has an abundance of big fish holding structure, and I can’t imagine not catching a ton of trophy fish. The lodge is nice too.
ColdLabatts
Posted 4/29/2019 6:18 PM (#936509 - in reply to #936167)

Cedar would be a great lake to visit. The muskies are big with good numbers, and plenty of pike as well. You can even travel up to Nelson for a day of perch fishing if that's your fancy. The lake is only like 6K acres so easy to fish, but of course that means more boat traffic as well.
UglyPike
Posted 5/17/2019 10:02 PM (#937568 - in reply to #936167)

of the 3 you mentioned, each has their challenges if youre new to the water. The french river has some of the most beautiful shield waters and chaudierre is a premier lodge. But there can be a lot more pressure than youd see on the other 2 lakes you mentioned. The French is a tough body of water to fish IMO. The other 2 are so vast but have the potential for that upper 50 inch class fish the most. I think giants when I think eagle lake. Ive seen giants there. Never fish LOTW but from what I understand its so expansive. Im sure both of those lakes will have spots where the walleye stack up. Not something youll see on the French.
mikie
Posted 5/20/2019 2:57 PM (#937648 - in reply to #937568)

If I had the wife and kids with me, I'd not choose an island resort, but rather a mainland location. LOTW out of Nestor Falls has good resorts, good fish nearby, and some restaurants and a few stores to keep your folks busy in time not spent fishing. m
Lake Of The Woods
Posted 6/5/2019 2:55 PM (#940416 - in reply to #936167)

Friend of mine has owned and operated a fishing and hunting camp on LOTW for over 30 years. If you don't mind using an Outhouse then send me a PM. I guarantee these will be the cleanest and most well kept outhouses you have ever seen or used. Cabin bathrooms have showers, bathtubs, sinks. Now that I think of it he may have a composting toilet in one of the cabins.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Muskie 3.jpg)

(Muskie 2.jpg)

(walleye1.jpg)

(Pike 1-Don.jpg)

(Muskie 4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Muskie 3.jpg (146KB - 411 downloads)
Attachments Muskie 2.jpg (152KB - 411 downloads)
Attachments walleye1.jpg (175KB - 391 downloads)
Attachments Pike 1-Don.jpg (128KB - 421 downloads)
Attachments Muskie 4.jpg (129KB - 385 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)