Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> best grease and oil for reels.

Message Subject: best grease and oil for reels.
moondog
Posted 7/1/2019 1:59 PM (#941606)
Subject: best grease and oil for reels.

What is the best grease and oil for a fishing reel? what is everyone using on there reels?
esoxaddict
Posted 7/1/2019 2:11 PM (#941607 - in reply to #941606)
Subject: Re: best grease and oil for reels.

For oil, I just use whatever came in the box with the reel. For grease, I use the blue saltwater stuff from Penn. Personally I think it's far more important to clean/oil/grease your reels often than it is worrying about what product to use. The reason I like the Penn grease is that it's blue. Far easier to see what you're doing and how much grease you have where. The added saltwater anti/cororsion properties might give you some peace of mind, but I've never found any rust inside a reel, even those that were rode hard and put away wet.
NPike
Posted 7/4/2019 8:32 AM (#941715 - in reply to #941607)

esoxaddict - 7/1/2019 3:11 PM

For oil, I just use whatever came in the box with the reel. For grease, I use the blue saltwater stuff from Penn. Personally I think it's far more important to clean/oil/grease your reels often than it is worrying about what product to use. The reason I like the Penn grease is that it's blue. Far easier to see what you're doing and how much grease you have where. The added saltwater anti/cororsion properties might give you some peace of mind, but I've never found any rust inside a reel, even those that were rode hard and put away wet.

Basically this^. Shimano reels come (or came) with a little vial of heavy oil. Last for numerous lubs and cleaning.
TheShow
Posted 7/5/2019 7:55 AM (#941778 - in reply to #941606)
Subject: RE: best grease and oil for reels.

Yellow tube, 'reel butter' I think its called.
And the oil that comes with the reel.
Skip
Posted 7/5/2019 8:02 AM (#941779 - in reply to #941606)

Lucas reel oil, tough to find around here , had to order mine . The best
supertrollr
Posted 7/5/2019 8:30 AM (#941780 - in reply to #941606)

some reel repair guys are using 3 in 1. i think i'll buy one just to clean mine here and there. my reel were really smooth whit that. it's the original one not the one whit silicone
RyanJoz
Posted 7/9/2019 1:04 PM (#941997 - in reply to #941606)

for reel oil - TSI-301 if you use an ultrasonic cleaner or TSI-321 if not. This is the same oil that PikeMaster on here used for years. Grease - I use marine grease, but also Lucas Red 'N Tacky. The evinrude "triple guard" marine grease stays on the gears the best of the marine greases I have used.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)