Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Long Lake near Longville, MN in Cass County, MN

Message Subject: Long Lake near Longville, MN in Cass County, MN
dward
Posted 4/27/2019 11:02 PM (#936383)
Subject: Long Lake near Longville, MN in Cass County, MN

Believe Leech Lake is to the NW by 20 miles or so. which i think i would spend a day or two on if i swing up there this year.

I have a friend who has a family cabin on this lake. Looks like it is a LM Bass, Pike, Walleye, Crappie lake mostly? No Muskie?

I'm having trouble finding much else about it. Saw a topographic map, but not real detailed.

Anyone know anything about the lake- just general info... is it worth spending a few days fishing it? I don't need real detailed info.... PM me with any info please.

Thanks in advance
Kirby Budrow
Posted 4/28/2019 7:45 AM (#936394 - in reply to #936383)
Subject: Re: Long Lake near Longville, MN in Cass County, MN

Minnesota dnr lakefinder will help you. Most lake in MN do not have muskies but there are a number of them in the Longville area.
VMS
Posted 4/29/2019 10:48 AM (#936457 - in reply to #936383)

Here is the link to Long Lake:

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showreport.html?downum=11014200

Looks to be primarily containing a decent Largemouth population and good numbers of northern pike, but small ones.

Lots of lakes for muskies up there. Close to you: Wabedo and Little Boy to the south, Inguadona to the east, Big Boy to the north along with Leech. To the West is Baby. Woman lake has them as does Girl lake, but the population is very limited and they are very very tough to find let alone eat...

You can get out on leech lake up near Brevik, so the drive isn't too bad for you from there, although that landing is a sand landing used mostly by duck hunters in the fall. Then, if there is any sort of north wind, it may be a tad tough although the area is a touch protected... Waves could funnel in with the right condition, though...

Steve
dward
Posted 4/29/2019 2:27 PM (#936482 - in reply to #936457)

That is very helpful...... thanks!
djwilliams
Posted 5/1/2019 7:55 PM (#936643 - in reply to #936383)

Long Lake is a very clear lake just off 84 north of Longville. It is very deep as well. It sits down in a long basin with high sides especially on the north and east. It runs SW to NE and is thin. About 2/3 of the way up the lake it necks down. Public access is on the N side closer to the NE. It is pretty much surrounded by homes except the south side has a lot less homes. There is a big bay on the south side about 1/2 way up the lake. I know that the lake is full of northerns and crappies, but I do not know about walleye fishing there. Guy I know has a place on the extreme SW end. I was there several years ago and it is a pretty lake.
djwilliams
Posted 5/1/2019 8:02 PM (#936644 - in reply to #936383)

That gravel landing at Brevik is used all summer by guys wanting to get to the Pelican, main basin part of Leech. It is very solid and relatively shallow entrance into the lake. It does deepen and I have seen many big boats loaded there. There is a 6-7 trailer sized lot there, and guys park their rigs along the Partridge Point road too. I put in there all the time.
tolle141
Posted 5/3/2019 12:57 PM (#936758 - in reply to #936383)

You can make your lake research even easier with the MN DNR's Recreation Compass. Basically click on any lake and you'll be able to go straight to the lakefinder page.

https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/compass/index.html

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)