Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Need Electronics Help

Message Subject: Need Electronics Help
Duke1
Posted 5/23/2019 6:58 PM (#937817)
Subject: Need Electronics Help

After not having a boat for quite a few years I purchased one last weekend, and Iā€™m now in the process of getting it set up. The new electronics are a little overwhelming. I have the Motor Guide Xi5 trolling motor and HDS 9 live on the console. My issue is what to do upfront. Going 7ā€ upfront, will a Lowrance Carbon7ā€ network ok with the MG and live unit? Could the front unit be set up to use the trolling motor transducer? Or, read from the back transducer? I called Lowrance and ended up with a girl who sounded like she was a robot reading from a pre written script. It was not helpful! I would prefer not to spend the extra money on a 7ā€ live unit upfront. Any input would be greatly appreciated as electronics are not my strong suit.
RyanJoz
Posted 5/24/2019 10:47 AM (#937837 - in reply to #937817)
Subject: Re: Need Electronics Help

Carbon and live network just fine. Be sure both are updated to the newest version of 18.3 via SD card. The WiFi update does not work for the newest version of 18.3 if your unit came with 18.3 already. Use Ethernet between them (yellow plugs). You need a nmea2k network for the xi5 to use it with a lowrance unit. I would suggest adding a point 1 antenna and connect the xi5, hds9, and hds 7 all together. The heading sensor is invaluable off shore.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)