Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Your Thoughts on Measuring "Small" Fish

Message Subject: Your Thoughts on Measuring "Small" Fish
ToddM
Posted 4/3/2019 9:05 AM (#934474 - in reply to #934452)
Subject: Re: Your Thoughts on Measuring "Small" Fish

madmurph - 4/3/2019 7:00 AM

Many comments about having the right to do what one chooses, not criticizing others for their choices, etc. So please, nobody judge me when I fish in 85 degree water temps this summer and post photos of fish from said water while holding them vertically.

You really should consider the health of the fish in conditions like this. It is vitally important when you do catch one in these conditions that you put sunscreen on them.

If you do decide to measure a fish under 40", do it when no one is watching. If you feel the need to share, do so in a support group, the breakdown can be helped by people who care.

Edited by ToddM 4/3/2019 9:13 AM
Baby Mallard
Posted 4/3/2019 9:38 AM (#934481 - in reply to #934474)

I honestly think some lakes have too many muskies in them.  I am after one big fish, I don't really care about numbers of nice fish anymore.  The less numbers of fish in a lake allows for the potential for a muskie to grow bigger in said lake.  A lot of lakes that I have fished in the past have a lot of nice fish in them but nothing crazy big.  I water realease my small fish to make sure that upper 50" class has something to eat...kidding of course.  I actually water release most of my fish no matter the size....I've handled enough of them already.
ghoti
Posted 4/3/2019 4:46 PM (#934556 - in reply to #934360)

esoxaddict - 4/1/2019 8:04 PM

c44hmusky - 4/1/2019 7:17 PM

I don't even bother setting the hook on any fish that doesn't feel mid 40's...

I call bull#*#*

I think you hooked a BIG one!
North of 8
Posted 4/4/2019 8:04 AM (#934593 - in reply to #933116)
Subject: RE: Your Thoughts on Measuring "Small" Fish

If anyone is interested in reading an article based on science regarding this topic, Jordan Weeks published a story in the Feb/March 2018 issue of Musky Hunter magazine.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)