Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Canada musky

Message Subject: Canada musky
Muskyrudy
Posted 3/2/2019 5:45 PM (#932198)
Subject: Canada musky

Hey everyone me and a friend are thinking of taking a trip north of the border for mostly musky and some small mouth fishing. Neither of us has been up there before so we're looking for suggestions on 1 a good time of year to go I'm probably thinking 80% musky 20% smally 2 we need recommendations on where to go I can look up lodges and resorts all day and everyone looks just as good as the next. We don't really have a lake in mind but seems like eagle lake has what we want. So if anybody has someplace in mind of where to go or where not to go let me know. I appreciate all input.

Muskyrudy
ToddM
Posted 3/2/2019 6:03 PM (#932201 - in reply to #932198)
Subject: Re: Canada musky

Lake of the woods would as well. What are you looking for musky fishing, size, numbers?
Muskyrudy
Posted 3/2/2019 6:09 PM (#932202 - in reply to #932198)

Mainly numbers but want a good shot at 50" plus
Brian Hoffies
Posted 3/2/2019 6:22 PM (#932203 - in reply to #932198)

We are hitting Eagle in mid June. We are staying at Vermillion Bay Lodge of which I have heard good things. Time will tell how good the hunting will be but it will for sure be a good time.
Nomadmusky
Posted 3/2/2019 8:00 PM (#932207 - in reply to #932198)

My recommendation on Eagle Would be Andy Myers Lodge. They've always been great hosts with great fishing and fishing clinics throughout the week to fine tune your approach. They offer everything you are looking for at the highest level.
Jarvis2490
Posted 3/3/2019 2:51 PM (#932228 - in reply to #932198)

Been to eagle many times. Always stay at century lodge. Been to Canada many times, stayed many places. Century by far the best. Both size and numbers. Call Randy at century, you won’t be sorry.
mikie
Posted 3/3/2019 3:13 PM (#932230 - in reply to #932228)

https://visitsunsetcountry.com/

These folk will have sent to you a lot of brochures from many different resorts. We've stayed on LOTW at Sabaskong Bay Lodge - right in the midst of some good muskie country - and at Ballards Black Island lodge. I would not steer you away from either place.
Here's a pic of a pin fish location map from one of the MFirst outings at Sab Bay. I think the map filled up even more after this shot but it is the one I can find right away. m

Edited by mikie 3/3/2019 3:17 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(My Pictures0003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments My Pictures0003.jpg (82KB - 458 downloads)
Billsmuskyadventures
Posted 3/3/2019 3:36 PM (#932231 - in reply to #932198)

I would recommend centurylodge plenty of muskies from 40-46 inches and you will get a shot of that 50 incher . Also great Walleye & Smallie fishing . Been going there for 30 years never been disappointed and the Tyrans are great host's. Give them a call 269-699-5792 or email them at [email protected]
horsehunter
Posted 3/3/2019 3:37 PM (#932232 - in reply to #932198)

get em while you can were building a wall and donny's paying
JakeStCroixSkis
Posted 3/3/2019 5:55 PM (#932236 - in reply to #932232)

horsehunter - 3/3/2019 4:37 PM

get em while you can were building a wall and donny's paying

Yes sir, 50 feet tall, running along the entire northern shore of the St Lawrence River lol. Only access, from Donny's side.
horsehunter
Posted 3/3/2019 6:40 PM (#932239 - in reply to #932198)

Right up the middle international boundry world record rock is on our side

Edited by horsehunter 3/3/2019 7:46 PM
Musky Brian
Posted 3/5/2019 9:46 AM (#932359 - in reply to #932198)

Anytime in mid July through August is probably ideal times for a Musky/bass combo. Eagle usually takes awhile to get going for big Muskies in the summer.

I see a few are suggesting Century. Dark/stained and shallow water, fishes a bit easier for Musky but they don’t have the same caliber of big ones down there Eagle is known for. I’m not sure which section is best for bass, if any. I’d also add in that Eagle is a hell of a Walleye lake and you’d be missing out by not dabbling there.

North Shore Lodge, Temple Bay Lodge and AML are all in different sections of the lake and all top notch fishing camps.
vegas492
Posted 3/5/2019 1:10 PM (#932376 - in reply to #932198)

Check out Tamarack Island Wilderness Lodge on Lake of the Woods.
I've been flirting with them for years, gonna pull the trigger soon. Can't beat LOTW for action and if you talk to them, they have a lot of 50's in their camp every year and lots of 49.5's! The owner told me that, said that his customers are very honest. LOL!
But yah, muskies, smallies, walleyes...etc.

http://www.tamarackislandwildernesslodge.com/

Advantages (versus Eagle). Can cross someone else besides International Falls. For me, closer drive (southern Wisconsin). Better numbers. Easier to fish.

Disadvantages (versus Eagle). Thinking Eagle produces more 50+ inch fish.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I think you can expect more action from the muskies, in general, on LOTW. I think you can expect Eagle to kick out bigger fish, on average.

Edited by vegas492 3/5/2019 1:15 PM
Slamr
Posted 3/5/2019 3:45 PM (#932384 - in reply to #932198)

Personal suggestion: Andy Myers Lodge in mid-fall. The muskies will be big, the smallies coming up shallow. If you've never done Canada it's probably a good idea to get a guide for 2+ days to familiarize you with the lake, point out hazards and the such and there are few guide staffs better than AML's.
JZ2386
Posted 3/6/2019 8:13 AM (#932440 - in reply to #932198)

I think some more specifics would help to give some opinions. Are you bringing your own boat? Are you looking to have meals served to you or cook for yourself? Do you have a specific price point? Are you looking to use a guide at all?

I have been on Eagle the last week of June for the past 12 or so years. Probably is the most inconsistent time of year to fish muskies. We stay at Pine Beach Lodge which is centrally located on Portage Bay. 10 min ride up to Vermilion bay or 10 min ride down to Temple Bay. Smallie fishing this section of the lake is prime. Small resort with no guide service. Hosts are some of the nicest people you will meet. They do have American Plan for food if you want. We go and do the Housekeeping package which ends up being under $300 per guy. We have a larger group which lowers the price. Andy Meyers would be the way to go if you want full service. If I see an AML boat fishing a spot I will be fishing that spot later.
WiscoMusky
Posted 3/7/2019 7:57 PM (#932568 - in reply to #932198)

I would suggest checking out Century Lodge, in Osborne Bay, of Eagle lake. Our group has fished from other lodges on Eagle, from up near Vermillion down to Osborne. After fishing out of Century lodge, we’ve found it easy to return there for 8 years straight, because it’s really everything you want in a Canadian fishing trip! Fantastic fishing (our best week was 36 musky between 4 guys), endless amount of remote spots (Century is the only developed home within miles! Other parts of Eagle are far less remote ), fantastic lodging with beautiful new porches and docks, great food. And the Tyran family owns and runs the lodge them selves. They are super hardworking, friendly and accommodating- you won’t find a better run lodge on all of Eagle lake. Reach out to them- I garuntee you will be happy you did!
ESOX Maniac
Posted 3/7/2019 9:22 PM (#932582 - in reply to #932198)

You can't go wrong with Andy Meyer's Lodge. But, Youngs Wilderness Camp, Cliff Lake Resorts and Cedar Lake Camp all have great potential for really big girls too! Perry at Young's has them dialed in, as does Tyler T. @ Cliff. Cedar Lake also has lots of pressure, but some very-very, big fish too.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CliffLakeResorts/reviews/?

post_id=1011854472208126&referrer=page_recommendations_home_card&ref=page_internal

You really can't go wrong with either of these three muskie guys, Herbie is a legend, as is Perry I., Tyler T. is on the way! They all three are top of the game! So much water, to little time!
Jalin436
Posted 3/11/2019 9:10 AM (#932788 - in reply to #932198)

We've been going to Century Lodge for the last 16 years and can't say enough good things about the Tyran Family, lodge, accommodations and the fishing. Plenty of chances to catch both numbers and size of fish of any species you are in search of. As the gentlemen mentioned above, you will get a chance at a trophy.

https://centurylodge.com/

Edited by Jalin436 3/12/2019 10:25 AM
Muskyrudy
Posted 3/15/2019 10:16 PM (#933250 - in reply to #932198)

Hey everyone I really appreciate all the help and suggestions but at this point my fishing partner backed out of the trip. A few different factors went into his decision on this which I have zero problem with, but still it's always been a goal of mine to make it to Canada musky fishing. So my next step in my opinion is to look into my local musky chapter (I know it's ccmi I live in Madison) and see if I can get hooked up with a group to help offset some costs.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)