Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Miami Beach Fishing

Message Subject: Miami Beach Fishing
oconesox
Posted 3/13/2019 11:22 AM (#932930)
Subject: Miami Beach Fishing

I am headed to Miami Beach on Saturday for Spring Break with my wife and no kids. Going to try to do some fishing in the early morning while my wife sleeps in. Staying at Confidante on Collins street, and it looks like in addition to surf fishing I should have access to some canals that are connected to Biscayne bay.

If anyone has any advice on lures, spot or group fishing charters, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Andy
NPike
Posted 3/17/2019 7:26 PM (#933339 - in reply to #932930)
Subject: RE: Miami Beach Fishing

Tried casting shrimp - squid , never know whats going to bite, grouper, drum, snook, trout, catfish, rays and some of the weirdest looking fish Y can image? Quite unlike freshwater fishing, however not an expert here. Wouldn't mind the trade in climate for a bit lucky devil.
fishhawk50
Posted 3/18/2019 12:46 PM (#933386 - in reply to #932930)
Subject: RE: Miami Beach Fishing

oconesox - 3/13/2019 11:22 AM

I am headed to Miami Beach on Saturday for Spring Break with my wife and no kids. Going to try to do some fishing in the early morning while my wife sleeps in. Staying at Confidante on Collins street, and it looks like in addition to surf fishing I should have access to some canals that are connected to Biscayne bay.

If anyone has any advice on lures, spot or group fishing charters, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Andy

we will be waiting for pictures of the scenery down there upon your return Andy!
southern comfort
Posted 3/20/2019 8:55 AM (#933524 - in reply to #932930)
Subject: Re: Miami Beach Fishing

Not an expert by any means but have fished from shore on the gulf side. Believe it or not I have had a lot of success with kalin darter head jigs and plastic jerk minnows. I fish very early in the mornings - just before sunrise. I wade out knee deep in surf and cast offshore catching pompano. I have had a lot of locals come up and ask what I am using.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)