Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Winnebago system -- next great fishery?

Message Subject: Winnebago system -- next great fishery?
Musky Brian
Posted 2/25/2019 10:35 AM (#931695 - in reply to #931691)
Subject: Re: Winnebago system -- next great fishery?

They now have several broodstock lakes for GL strain. I don’t know how many were put in last year (if any), but in 2017 there were 7k 17-20” fish put in at various spots in the system. Sounds like a lot, but that’s a lot of water...

I wouldn’t expect getting much info from the guys that are finding the older ones. I have a pretty good idea of where I’d start the search, and in a couple years each of my kids and a handful of planer boards each will probably give it a go.
North of 8
Posted 2/25/2019 4:46 PM (#931713 - in reply to #931695)
Subject: Re: Winnebago system -- next great fishery?

It would be great if this were to happen but given the mind set of the walleye fishermen on 'bago, I don't see it working. When I first moved to Fond du Lac 20 years ago, I asked a couple folks about whether there was musky fishing in Winnebago. The response was there are a few but that the hard core walleye fishermen do everything they can to eliminate them. A guy I worked with told me about a guide who cut the gills out of any musky he caught while trolling for walleye. Lot of meat fishermen on that system.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)