Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Morson Guide

Message Subject: Morson Guide
ArtieT
Posted 1/19/2019 4:43 PM (#928750)
Subject: Morson Guide

I'll be making my first trip to LOTW, Morson area next July. Do you recommend any musky guides? I'd like to shorten the learning curve. Thanks.
mikie
Posted 1/20/2019 10:13 AM (#928796 - in reply to #928750)
Subject: Re: Morson Guide

Check with the lodge or resort where you are staying. Many of them have a stable of guides. m
Pointerpride102
Posted 1/20/2019 10:36 AM (#928799 - in reply to #928796)

Really no need for a guide. Just fish a variety of structure to find where they’re at and then replicate once a pattern is established. If I can figure it out, then anyone can!
Kirby Budrow
Posted 1/20/2019 10:51 AM (#928800 - in reply to #928799)

I think Justin Gaudry from Mylies Place guides a little. I would recommend a guide if you aren’t that Muskie savvy. But it’s pretty easy to figure out if you know the game already.
ArtieT
Posted 1/20/2019 11:13 AM (#928803 - in reply to #928750)

Thanks for the replies. With only a week to find and catch em, I'd like to shorten the learning curve as much as possible. I'll be staying at Red Wing and will try to contact Justin. Thanks again.
Musky Brian
Posted 1/21/2019 6:58 AM (#928847 - in reply to #928750)

Musky guides on LOTW are nowhere near as abundant as you might expect. In fact, there’s very few across the lake who are dedicated full timers, especially on the Canada side. I would use caution, as I’m sure you will eventually find someone to take your money but that doesn’t mean it’s money well spent.
mikie
Posted 1/21/2019 7:56 AM (#928851 - in reply to #928847)

And, caution is the word! If you are not entirely familiar with these waters, be sure to have both a Canadian hydrographic map of the lake section, and your gps. GPS, as you know, sometimes can be ten - even twenty feet off, and there are plenty of rocks up there to take you lower unit out.
We tried to first consult the map, then the gps, then verify present location and expected route to our next spot on the map. It's easy to get turned around up there.
Look for Horseshoe and Blueberry islands, and hang on tight. m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)