Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Replacing the bag on a Ranger net

Message Subject: Replacing the bag on a Ranger net
ordmusky
Posted 1/23/2019 2:35 PM (#929079)
Subject: Replacing the bag on a Ranger net

Hey guys, for the holidays, my girlfriends father got me a Ranger flat bottom Musky net from The Musky Shop. It is the $100 model with dimensions 34" x 30" / 24" bag depth. I believe the hoop size will be alright, but I'm concerned about the 24" bag depth as it seems pretty short to me. I dont think it will fully reach the water with the pole on the side of the boat, allowing the fish to totally be in the water for unhooking and letting breathe a bit post-unhooking. Not to mention the question of getting a large, peeed off musky to not jump from the net when it is half sideways off the boat. So my question is, would it be possible to purchase a deeper bag and replace the original? How difficult would that be? Thanks!
mikie
Posted 1/23/2019 3:16 PM (#929082 - in reply to #929079)
Subject: Re: Replacing the bag on a Ranger net

I'd call the Musky Shop and ask. m
25homes
Posted 1/24/2019 5:29 PM (#929220 - in reply to #929079)
Subject: Re: Replacing the bag on a Ranger net

Very simple I just did mine on Frabil Power catch and stow master frabile. Go to amazon can buy ranger replacement bag or polomar makes a very nice one. I bought the polomar and a ranger bag. Both very nice Polomar is a little cheaper so That's way I would go very easy to change out. Check this out

https://www.amazon.com/Promar-Resist-Replacement-Black-Medium/dp/B01...
Muskiemetal
Posted 1/25/2019 9:57 AM (#929254 - in reply to #929079)
Subject: RE: Replacing the bag on a Ranger net

X2 on the Polomar. I replaced my Power Catch after I had a break and the Polomar has been top notch. Really cut down on the fin damage and keeps the fish stable and won't roll up as easy. I actually replaced all my nets (the panfish and walleye) with this net. I had no problems with hooks either. It feels like a RS Net. Replacing it was a little funky, but once you figure it out (someone had posted a youtube on it) it went smooth. You had to bend the hoop a little sideways to get the last loops in but I think I had it done in 15 minutes.   I also love that it is light weight in comparison to the Frabil and is easy to get into position fast.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(2018-09-14 11.07.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2018-09-14 11.07.jpg (178KB - 380 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)