Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Cass County MN in July

Message Subject: Cass County MN in July
TMuskyFisher
Posted 1/1/2019 8:09 PM (#927094)
Subject: Cass County MN in July

Going to be in Cass County next July, planning on muskie fishing one day. Looking for a numbers lake with a shot at a big one, what are some good lakes in the area?
DWags
Posted 1/2/2019 6:18 AM (#927109 - in reply to #927094)
Subject: RE: Cass County MN in July

In Cass county there are 2 stocked lakes, Roosevelt and Little Wolf. Roosevelt is newly stocked and still developing. There are several natural fisheries as well including some of the best in the state like Leech and Cass. July could be a wild card depending on weather and when in the month you are going. If it's been cool some of the larger lakes can be tough. If I had one day to fish and my goal was putting a fish in the boat on a lake I'd never been on before I'd head to Little Wolf or Baby Lake. If I was planning on returning to the area and build some knowledge my advice would be much different. Hope this helps.
Schultz345
Posted 1/2/2019 12:33 PM (#927134 - in reply to #927094)
Subject: Re: Cass County MN in July

Unless you are set up to troll i'd stick to the smaller bodies of water listed above. The big lakes will be overwhelming with only 1 day to fish.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 1/2/2019 8:35 PM (#927167 - in reply to #927134)

Cass county is pretty big. Where specifically? You don’t have to stay right in the county. There are other lakes close by too in Morrison, Beltrami and aitkin county that are good. I wouldn’t tackle leech in a day but almost any lake within driving distance for you would be worth your time.

It’s Minnesota. Most lakes have bigguns.

Edited by Kirby Budrow 1/2/2019 8:37 PM
tswoboda
Posted 1/3/2019 11:00 AM (#927209 - in reply to #927094)

I wouldn't totally rule out Leech. Agency and Kabekona Bays are both like fishing a small lake in itself. And then you can say you fished the OG Minnesota Muskie Lake.
TMuskyFisher
Posted 1/3/2019 7:56 PM (#927297 - in reply to #927209)

Staying near Backus, MN
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)