Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Introduction from Ontario

Message Subject: Introduction from Ontario
SouthernONTgent
Posted 10/18/2018 10:40 AM (#921175)
Subject: Introduction from Ontario

Hello Gents,
New member here; quick intro. Born, raised and live in Toronto, Ontario. Enjoy summers in the Kawartha's for numbers but regularly fish Georgian Bay inlets from Severn/Moon areas up to the French and all in-between for the bruisers. Winters spend time with my retired folks on the nature coast in FLA on the Gulf mainly offshore for cobia, grouper, and spanish maks.
Enjoy reading and learning from you gents South of the border, fish history from Larry R, and I look forward to contribute where I can on waters around here in Southern Ontario.

Tight lines, fellas.
ToddM
Posted 10/18/2018 10:58 AM (#921179 - in reply to #921175)
Subject: Re: Introduction from Ontario

Toronto is a great city, been there a few times. You can keep Trestman though....:-)
KenK
Posted 10/18/2018 12:14 PM (#921194 - in reply to #921175)

Welcome! My wife has family in Toronto and North York.
NPike
Posted 10/20/2018 9:33 AM (#921309 - in reply to #921194)

Fished areas you mentioned musky, bass, pickerel (walleye as well). Also fished out of Cochrane and Nakina for jumbo pike, walleye, brook-trout. Great province great people. Unfortunately been a while hope to get up for a last trip in years to come. Good to hear from my neighbor up north, Live in NYS.
Ryan21
Posted 11/28/2018 3:54 PM (#924526 - in reply to #921175)
Subject: RE: Introduction from Ontario

Hello and welcome. I lived in South Florida for awhile and I absolutely loved when we caught cobia. One of my favorite eating fish. I found this thread looking for info on Georgian Bay because I’d like to start an annual Trip up North Somewhere, (I live in Northern Indiana) with my boys (8 & 14) and hopefully with my daughters when they get a little older. Georgian Bay looked particularly interesting because not only are there some of the biggest Musky in North America there, it’s approximately the same distance from me as Northern Wisconsin. Do you think the Bay would be a good destination for a 5-10 day trip with kids? I have a 16’ deep v that has fished well on up to 1000 acre lakes, so I’d mostly be casting inshore/near shore. I’m not opposed to trolling, I just don’t do it often. Moon River looked like it fit the bill for what I am looking for based off the scant info I’ve been able to find and Google Earth. Is that an area that can be fished by someone not familiar with the water there? I’d likely try to fish with a guide 1-2 days to start but I would really like to find a place to be able to return to annually and not have to hire a guide each time. This might sound funny but is it pretty there? That has honestly been one of my favorite things about Musky fishing, especially the fall. The other thing that has me completely addicted to the Lunge is that it is the most similar thing I can find to the type of fishing I loved to do in Florida, which was sight fishing Cobia, Sailfish, and Mahi. To say I’ve been bitten by the Musky big is a complete understatement. Sorry this post is getting long.How is the fishing for other species for dinner or if the kids get impatient? Do you have any recommendations on places to stay where there would be dockage for a boat? I’m just looking for any info I can find on Georgian Bay, so anything you can provide is much appreciated. Thanks!

PS, if you bring your musky gear to FL, I think a bulldawg would be killer on those cobia and a musky net would result in so much less boat/people damage than sticking those big old things with a gaff. They were by far the meanest fish down there once you put a gaff in them. I so badly want to make some funny videos on catching saltwater fish on musky gear. I think most of the fish would destroy the big rubber baits and throw the hook half the time when they jump but it would be fun. A swordfish would smash a Medusa, Mahi and Tuna would annihilate a cannonball jr. and Bondy Baits would work on those grouper.

Edited by Ryan21 11/28/2018 3:56 PM
woodieb8
Posted 11/28/2018 4:17 PM (#924530 - in reply to #921175)

welcome northerner. I am from Windsor Ontario . l.st clair .1 mile from fishing.
sworrall
Posted 11/28/2018 4:22 PM (#924531 - in reply to #921175)

Welcome to the madness!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)