Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Suick Screw in Weights Question

Message Subject: Suick Screw in Weights Question
dward
Posted 11/14/2018 11:25 PM (#923561)
Subject: Suick Screw in Weights Question

Are these weights only designed to be used with the HI ( high impact) thrillers or do people use them on the wooden style baits as well? I’m considering trying out the weight system this year......... also what’s your preference- more weight in back or front?
musky513
Posted 11/15/2018 8:44 AM (#923577 - in reply to #923561)
Subject: Re: Suick Screw in Weights Question

I have never used them in a suick , but have added the screw in insert to baits that I’ve made out of wood. This allow s me to adjust the weight to get the bait to run how I want.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 11/15/2018 10:44 AM (#923590 - in reply to #923577)
Subject: Re: Suick Screw in Weights Question

You Can use them on any Suicks plastic or wood. If I weigh them I like more weight towards front. I mostly get Weighted Suicks to start. I don't have many applications where I fish to use unweighted. I also use weighted leaders from stealth tackle to get them down more and the weighted leaders give them more hop also. I use the 3/4 and 1oz leaders depending on depth I want to achieve.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
h2os2t
Posted 11/16/2018 7:06 AM (#923650 - in reply to #923561)
Subject: RE: Suick Screw in Weights Question

Pretty much all screw in weights are 6/32 threads so they can be used on any bait that has the inserts (most of mine come with) . They are easy to install so putting them in other baits will give you some flexibility.

Inserts at the balance point gets baits deeper and slows the rise time without affecting the action to much. Weight to the front gets them deeper and faster. Weight to the back changes the action more so than anything else(think nose up). Crankbait and glidebait weighting (front to back) can be the very sensitive but all baits will react to it. These are just general as each lure is different. I have 1/4 up to 1 1/2 ounce but I think somebody makes a 2 ounce and I would guess somebody in a garage makes bigger.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)