Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Spring lake north (Central Illinois)

Message Subject: Spring lake north (Central Illinois)
Mulldaddy
Posted 1/8/2019 2:26 PM (#927732)
Subject: Spring lake north (Central Illinois)

I’m looking to get into some muskies this summer in central Illinois, I’ve heard someone mention spring lake north, is it worth the 2.5 hour drive? Or should I just try Webster I’m right in the middle of both. Looking for any info! Thanks In advance!
ToddM
Posted 1/8/2019 3:49 PM (#927751 - in reply to #927732)
Subject: Re: Spring lake north (Central Illinois)

North spring in mid summer will be warm and a sea of Lilly pads with millfoil underneath. Where there isn't pads it will be chocked with millfoil. It is a diked off backwater of the illinois river with an average depth of 2ft. 3 and 4ft is deep water on this lake.
Mulldaddy
Posted 1/8/2019 3:59 PM (#927753 - in reply to #927751)

That doesn’t sound so fun what so ever haha, maybe I’ll shoot for around feb/March when the weeds and pads are cleared. Maybe see if I can get on some pre spawners.
ToddM
Posted 1/8/2019 7:27 PM (#927781 - in reply to #927753)

That is when everyone fishes it. There are other summer options in Central Illinois provided the water isn't too hot.

Edited by ToddM 1/8/2019 7:29 PM
DWags
Posted 1/12/2019 11:13 AM (#928191 - in reply to #927781)

Central IL guy here. Spring Lake North has a ton of fish it it. Most fish it at ice out through March. Contrary to belief there are times in the summer when it is cooler than deeper lakes because of all the vegetation and underground springs. You really have to adapt how you fish once the pads are up. Think bass tactics but upsized. All that said, if I didnt live close I would never fish it. It gets pounded at ice out through March and during that time period catches are dominated by smaller fish. Just my opinion, there are way better options in central IL, regardless of the time of year. Hope this helps you
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)