Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Verado issue

Reply New post
Message Subject: Verado issue
Abu7000
Posted 8/18/2018 11:03 AM (#916003)
Subject: Verado issue

I have a Ranger 619 with a Merc 225 Verado with a stainless Tempest 145/8 x 19 prop. With three people in the boat, it has a hard time getting out of the hole. I would like to go to a 4 blade stainless, but I am unsure about an appropriate size for the 4 blade. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Ray
VMS
Posted 8/18/2018 8:14 PM (#916038 - in reply to #916003)
Subject: Re: Verado issue

Hiya!!

As a general guideline when going from 3 blade to 4 blade in the same design fin, one should drop 2 inches in pitch to compensate for the increased surface area of the 4th blade.

Im curious to your numbers when the boat is just you and your gear.. how does it perform in that situation? If you can supply your max rpms, max speed and how the hole shot is that’s be a great help.

My gut instinct says revolution 4 which is the same blade design as the tempest you have, but in a 17 pitch for when you have your boat loaded down a bit more. I switch props when I know my load is going to be more and it definitely makes a world of difference.

Steve
Abu7000
Posted 8/20/2018 10:38 AM (#916109 - in reply to #916038)
Subject: Re: Verado issue

Steve

5900+ RPM

50 MPH

Fair hole shot with 2 people
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread