Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake Geneva

Message Subject: Lake Geneva
esoxaddict
Posted 8/23/2018 1:23 PM (#916440)
Subject: Lake Geneva

I know our club and a handful of others have stocked it over the years, and I've heard reports from locals in the area of "giant" fish being caught, but you know how rumors go around with the non musky crowd.

Anybody here fish it? Is it worth the effort? It's been 8 years since the initial stocking, so those fish should be showing some color by now...
billy bucher
Posted 8/23/2018 2:44 PM (#916448 - in reply to #916440)
Subject: Re: Lake Geneva

I personally know of at least 3 fish in the 45" range that were caught this summer while walleye trolling.
JZ2386
Posted 8/23/2018 3:27 PM (#916454 - in reply to #916440)

They are growing fast. Fat too. Lake Link has pictures people posted. I don't think any have hit 50 yet but some look like they are getting close. I don't think many people target them but bass fisherman frequently say that muskies will grab hold of their bass. The lake is going to put out some monsters in the future. It will be a tough lake to fish.

Also another guy on here started a thread on the "Muskie club info and announcements". He said the Chicagoland Musky Hunters MI will be raising money and working with DNR to stock leech lake strain fish in Geneva. Give those fish some time with that forage and look out.

Edited by JZ2386 8/23/2018 3:35 PM
R code
Posted 8/23/2018 4:14 PM (#916458 - in reply to #916440)

It's worth fishing it but it's a humbling lake.
CincySkeez
Posted 8/24/2018 7:55 AM (#916505 - in reply to #916440)

This just reminded me of one of the more interesting threads on here way back, the arguments for and against stocking Geneva....Looks like it was a good idea after all. I have a family friend that has a place on geneva, hes accidentally tied up with a few casting off his dock at night. targeting bass.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)