Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Moose Lake, WI

Message Subject: Moose Lake, WI
Esox Aficionado
Posted 8/28/2018 8:26 AM (#916852)
Subject: Moose Lake, WI

Any recommendations for Moose Lake, WI near Hayward? We will be going up for the weekend to try our luck. I've spent a couple days fishing it this summer with not a lot of success. The lake seems difficult with very little weeds and very dark water. Thanks in advance.
Ernie
Posted 8/28/2018 8:59 AM (#916857 - in reply to #916852)
Subject: Re: Moose Lake, WI

I've fished it a few times over the years. Mostly fish 30-36" fish. Showgirl bucktails and TopRaiders have been the best for me around some of the islands and the north end where a resort, a small river, and a deep hole all converge. There's also some wood in the lake that may hold fish.

Because of the stained water a figure 8 is a must on every cast as follows are hard to see. Good luck.
On the ice
Posted 8/29/2018 1:02 AM (#916979 - in reply to #916852)

I have a cabin on the west end of the lake, Fun lake, doesnt get as much pressure as some of the surrounding lakes, weekends will be busiest. Numbers lake, with a chance at a low 40s fish. Black and orange buck tails, black and orange pacemaker, and a black and orange warlock.. hope your seeing the pattern.....rock bars are marked with bouys, great place to start, and endless wood to fish...fish seem to respond especially well to top waters on Moose. As fall progresses, suckers and the warlock are very productive...good luck
billy bucher
Posted 8/29/2018 9:42 AM (#916997 - in reply to #916852)

Ive gone to moose lake for a week in thr fall the last 3 years. Ill be there Oct 18-23rd this year. We stay at Virgin Timber resort. I love that lake. There has always been action for us. Last year we caught them casting bucktails and crankbaits, drifting suckers, and trolling. Try fishing rock bars near deeper water. Last year we got most of our fish trolling jakes and drifting suckers in the main river channel in 10FOW. Out of roughly a dozen caught over the last few years the biggest was 40". Definitely more of a mumbers lake but the fish are mean in this lake and fight hard. Goodluck!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)