Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Rainy Lake Houseboat Advice

Message Subject: Rainy Lake Houseboat Advice
TWINFIN5
Posted 7/9/2018 3:20 PM (#911897)
Subject: Rainy Lake Houseboat Advice

I will be heading up to Rainy Lake for a house boat trip and will be towing my boat behind the house boat. Does anyone have any experience for towing/beaching a fishing boat for a trip like this. Thanks

Edited by TWINFIN5 7/9/2018 3:32 PM
North of 8
Posted 7/9/2018 3:46 PM (#911899 - in reply to #911897)
Subject: RE: Rainy Lake Houseboat Advice

TWINFIN5 - 7/9/2018 3:20 PM

I will be heading up to Rainy Lake for a house boat trip and will be towing my boat behind the house boat. Does anyone have any experience for towing/beaching a fishing boat for a trip like this. Thanks

My sister and her husband lived on Rainy Lake for a couple years, earlier in this decade. We took a pontoon trip with them from the western end all the way down to Kettle Falls on the eastern end. Even though it was September, there were a number of the house boats out, some beached in sandy coves, some traveling. Make sure you have good maps/navigation aids. My understanding from talking to someone at the place they rent them is that they give you suggestions on protected places to spend the night, etc. Beautiful body of water, couple of nice restaurants right on the lake with docks for visitors. I would not travel at night if I was not real familiar with the lake.
Pointerpride102
Posted 7/9/2018 7:46 PM (#911919 - in reply to #911899)
Subject: Re: Rainy Lake Houseboat Advice

Pretty easy to find spots to beach for the night. This is a really fun trip. Smallies galore.
herpin1579
Posted 7/10/2018 12:30 AM (#911933 - in reply to #911897)
Subject: Re: Rainy Lake Houseboat Advice

My uncle has an island north of Jackfish so we always launch out of Thunderbird. Been going up there since I was in diapers. Seen many lower units bite the dust even in what you would think was the channel. Just talk to Dougherty and he'll point you in the right direction. Have fun and be safe
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)