Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Bad U2 transducer Minn Kota?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Bad U2 transducer Minn Kota?
musky99
Posted 6/12/2018 6:59 PM (#909797)
Subject: Bad U2 transducer Minn Kota?

I have a Minn Kota Fortrex with the built in transducer. The transducer worked great for year one. Half way through last year it stopped reading depth when I get shallower than 10 feet. It just flashes or freezes. I have tried all recommendations Minn Kota suggested. I think its a bad transducer. Minn Kota argues otherwise. Any suggestions. How hard is the transducer to replace. Minn Kota says they will not warranty it, even though problem started under warranty. As I have tried they're recommendations, warranty has since expired. I have a regular transducer I can hose clamp easily old school method. Unfortunately, I feel if I do that I wasted 200 dollars by getting the unit with the transducer and end up being unable to use it. Graphs are Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Propster
Posted 6/13/2018 12:25 AM (#909831 - in reply to #909797)
Subject: Re: Bad U2 transducer Minn Kota?

I had to do it on a 5 year old Terrova. What's your option?
mtcook16
Posted 6/13/2018 8:25 AM (#909851 - in reply to #909797)
Subject: Re: Bad U2 transducer Minn Kota?

Is what you describe definite issues with the transducer or could it be sonar interference?

If you feel it is issues with the transducer, I would suggest you check all of your connections for the transducer via US2 and ensured that those are not corroded or wiggled loose, or have been not been compromised in any way. Have you tried to see if it works with any other unit you have? Sometimes it can be an issue with the unit you are trying to view sonar on and it having trouble pinging sonar.

If you look at the bottom of transducer, does it look like it struck something that may have damaged the elements inside? If so, the transducer may be damaged. If you narrow it down to a damaged transducer, an external trolling motor transducer may be the cheapest and quickest solution for the situation.

Edited by mtcook16 6/13/2018 8:30 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)