Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Island Lake Resvoir

Message Subject: Island Lake Resvoir
MOJOcandy101
Posted 1/24/2018 10:43 AM (#890436)
Subject: Island Lake Resvoir

Headed up to Island in early September for a all species trip camping trip with some friends. It'll be my first time on the lake and I've read they fluctuate the levels of the lake with the #*^@, so my question is, are there many unmarked hazard locations? We all have GPS units, just curious if there are any trouble spots we need to watch out for.

Edited by MOJOcandy101 1/24/2018 10:44 AM
Lundbob
Posted 1/25/2018 12:03 AM (#890490 - in reply to #890436)
Subject: Re: Island Lake Resvoir

As long as we are not in drought conditions the water level will be normal. They drain the lake down 6-8 ft in the winter and then close the dam back up in the spring and the rain fills it back up typically by mid may for fishing opener. As far as unmarked hazards not really. Spots that are an issue are all very well marked on the map chips. They are very accurate. There are your typical sandbar points that are connected to some of the islands that can stick out pretty far but they are all on your map chips. And there are some rock piles that can be an issue if the lake is down a couple feet but again the map is very accurate.

Heres a link to the water levels. It is updated daily. As you can see right now we are down 4 feet with 141cfs flow coming in and 564 going out. Those numbers will change come spring time. The worse i have seen is a summer where the lake was down 4 feet all year but that is very rare.

https://www.mnpower.com/Environment/WaterTable
tolle141
Posted 1/25/2018 7:28 PM (#890568 - in reply to #890436)
Subject: Re: Island Lake Resvoir

Only lake I ever managed to beach a kayak unintentionally. Watch yourself out there!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)