Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Wright County MN. County Commissioners meeting discuss mandatory boat inspections on area lakes

Message Subject: Wright County MN. County Commissioners meeting discuss mandatory boat inspections on area lakes
fishpoop
Posted 7/6/2017 12:51 AM (#867874)
Subject: Wright County MN. County Commissioners meeting discuss mandatory boat inspections on area lakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNja4Om2M40

Start at the 31:00 minute time mark.

Lake Silvia Lake Association, with the recommendation of Sen. Ingebrigtsen, wants to set up mandatory boat inspection stations for aquatic invasive species on area lakes. My understanding is they want to set up a centralized inspection station before allowing boats to launch.

Coming soon to your favorite muskie lake??

What if you want to night fish and the inspection station is closed? What if you move from one lake to another, do you have to prove inspection for each lake? What does this cost? Is this another attempt to keep people off the lakes? I don't know the answers to any of those questions but I think we as a fishing community should be concerned and make our views heard.

Cfollow
Posted 7/6/2017 6:19 AM (#867885 - in reply to #867874)
Subject: RE: Wright County MN. County Commissioners meeting discuss mandatory boat inspections on area lakes

Who owns the access? I hope its Wright county and not the state of Mn. Just so uninformed and "our lake" I honestly don't even know where to begin. It just never ends with these people.
FlyPiker
Posted 7/7/2017 5:45 PM (#868171 - in reply to #867874)
Subject: Re: Wright County MN. County Commissioners meeting discuss mandatory boat inspections on area lakes

Just a heads up, Sugar is in Wright, this does effect plenty of Muskie fisherman. As much as that lake makes me hate fishing for muskies, it is PUBLIC water.
Muskie Treats
Posted 7/11/2017 10:11 AM (#869620 - in reply to #867874)
Subject: Re: Wright County MN. County Commissioners meeting discuss mandatory boat inspections on area lakes

I've been saying for years now: the biggest threat to muskie anglers is not the anti's, but rather the fight to keep our access rights. This is just the beginning, all in the name of "AIS Prevention" aka get off my lake...
Espy
Posted 7/11/2017 10:32 AM (#869621 - in reply to #868171)

FlyPiker - 7/7/2017 5:45 PM

Just a heads up, Sugar is in Wright, this does effect plenty of Muskie fisherman. As much as that lake makes me hate fishing for muskies, it is PUBLIC water.

From what I read it was only 4 lakes in the county as of now, and Sugar was not one of them
fishpoop
Posted 7/11/2017 2:24 PM (#869671 - in reply to #869620)

Muskie Treats - 7/11/2017 10:11 AM

I've been saying for years now: the biggest threat to muskie anglers is not the anti's, but rather the fight to keep our access rights. This is just the beginning, all in the name of "AIS Prevention" aka get off my lake...

Yeah, that's what worries me about this proposal and why I posted it here. We need to be aware of this and fight it.
DaleL
Posted 7/11/2017 5:02 PM (#869713 - in reply to #867874)

Reminds me of Christmas lake.
Slamr
Posted 7/12/2017 9:08 AM (#869822 - in reply to #867874)

I did a little research on this and comments or concerns with this plan can be sent to [email protected] Please keep them civil if you're hoping to affect positive changes!
NathanH
Posted 7/12/2017 12:35 PM (#869871 - in reply to #869822)

I'd like to know how they plan to inspect all the docks and boat lifts on the lake along with any lake shore owners boat or canoe. What's fair is fair.
North of 8
Posted 7/12/2017 12:42 PM (#869873 - in reply to #869871)

NathanH - 7/12/2017 12:35 PM

I'd like to know how they plan to inspect all the docks and boat lifts on the lake along with any lake shore owners boat or canoe. What's fair is fair.

I can't speak for other lifts or docks but I have watched mine carefully over the years and not once did they visit other lakes. The lift (used) was delivered on a large skiff and both the skiff and the lift were checked for invasives by the clean boats/clean water volunteers. The lift had sat in a field for a full season but the skiff goes into a lot of different bodies of water. And yes, when I put a boat in the lake, it gets checked if there is someone there. But, I follow the guidelines for removing, cleaning, draining and drying.
Pointerpride102
Posted 7/12/2017 1:17 PM (#869878 - in reply to #869871)

NathanH - 7/12/2017 12:35 PM

If docks and lifts are removed to the adjacent riparian property, they are not subject to inspection upon being placed back in the same water body. If, however, they are removed and subsequnetly placed the next season by the owner or a lake service provider (LSP) via the public accesses listed in the plan, they would be subject to inspection the same as a day user. If the dock/lift owner is selling their dock or lift it is subject to the mandatory 21 day dry time law regardless of where the dock/lift is removed from.

If the lake property owner has a private launch, they would not be subject to this plan (as far as I am aware).
mnmusky
Posted 7/12/2017 2:13 PM (#869888 - in reply to #867874)

Im sure they'll come up with some sort of "convenience" fee. Or maybe a fast-track scenario like at the airports.
happy hooker
Posted 7/12/2017 6:17 PM (#869929 - in reply to #869888)

I think the recent survey was 0.2 muskies per acre on sugar,,they might be doing us a favor keeping us out of there.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)