Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lakewood Musky Monster?

Message Subject: Lakewood Musky Monster?
Zib
Posted 1/4/2016 12:24 PM (#797995)
Subject: Lakewood Musky Monster?

For those that have a Lakewood Musky Monster, how well has it held up for you? Did the Fishouflage fade in the sun like the other colors do? I'm looking to condense my tackle into one box for when I fish on other people's boats. Thanks
rodbender
Posted 1/4/2016 12:44 PM (#797997 - in reply to #797995)
Subject: Re: Lakewood Musky Monster?

Zib. Not sure I'd bring a monster on someone else's boat. Seems like overkill
Zib
Posted 1/4/2016 2:34 PM (#798005 - in reply to #797997)

rodbender - 1/4/2016 1:44 PMZib. Not sure I'd bring a monster on someone else's boat. Seems like overkill
I'm already taking 2 large boxes plus a bag with a 3700 size box, release tools, gloves, rain gear etc. plus a small cooler. I end up using maybe 5 baits & on a slow day maybe a dozen. So condensing my tackle down to a Lakemaster Monster would be going "Light".
upnortdave
Posted 1/4/2016 3:58 PM (#798020 - in reply to #798005)

That's alot to bring in someone else's rig. I use a lakewood spinner box. Can put a bunch of diffrent stuff in one. Great for a day in someone else's boat. There's one for sale cheap in buy sell right now.
CU301DSV
Posted 1/4/2016 6:39 PM (#798054 - in reply to #797995)

I've got a green Lakewood Monster box and it is what I take with me. Holds everything except what I need in a cooler for the day. I'm not careful with it externally by any means and yet not bright green anymore it is not faded and ugly, never stays in the sun for weeks at a time - always brought back out of the boat and stored indoors.
bigfoot
Posted 1/4/2016 8:53 PM (#798092 - in reply to #797995)
Subject: RE: Lakewood Musky Monster?

I use a Lakewood medium, and I think this is more of what you need. will store 2-3 dozen lures and all your release tools, lightweight rain gear on the side pockets, extra terminal tackle, etc. and is much more compact than a monster but still holds plenty of what you need. I definitely wouldn't want to carry around the monster box, nor would I want someone else's in the boat taking up space.

My box is used, and it doesn't need to be taken care of too much. you can stand on them. Color is still good, and frankly couldn't care less...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)