Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> St. Clair Fall fishing

Message Subject: St. Clair Fall fishing
timhutson1
Posted 8/19/2014 10:13 AM (#726214)
Subject: St. Clair Fall fishing

Hello. I am planning a trip to St. Clair this year (in the fall) and wanted some advice on it. My friend and I went last mid-September and are looking to make this an annual thing.

I wanted to see when people think is the best time to go, say September or later?

Although we went last year, we didn't really know what we were doing and only saw a few fish in the couple days we were on the water. How would you describe the type of fishing and activites of the fish this time of year? how do do you fish for them then and what type of baits are you throwing?

Lastly, We don't have our own boat so we ended up renting from Sportsman Direct. Any Advice here? Are there better options/fishing on the Canadian side?

Please, any help is greatly appreciated.
edalz
Posted 8/20/2014 10:22 PM (#726428 - in reply to #726214)
Subject: Re: St. Clair Fall fishing

I would come in October as September is a tricky month. I would bring some black and orange pounders, medussas and plan on fishing deeper. You will also want some Bondy baits. As you get closer pm me and I will give you my best guess where to fish.
Trollindad
Posted 8/21/2014 9:07 AM (#726472 - in reply to #726214)

September is a month of transition on St. Clair, wait and let them set/stack up
Zib
Posted 8/21/2014 11:44 AM (#726495 - in reply to #726214)
Subject: RE: St. Clair Fall fishing

September has always been a consistent month for me when it comes to putting muskies in the net on LSC. Second best month of the year for me besides June. Late Oct & Early Nov. are good for quality fish but you have the weather to contend with & fishing from a small boat will mean you won't be able to fish much during that time. October 13th last year was the last day that I was able to fish LSC due to high winds on that days that I had the time to fish. I seems I miss the late fall bite every other year on LSC due to the weather.

This year could be different due to the weather we've had. Water temps this past Sunday ranged from 68.5 to 71.
timhutson1
Posted 8/22/2014 1:45 PM (#726664 - in reply to #726428)

Thanks, I will definitely hit you up before I head out there. I am just hoping the weather is good because I will only get 2 days and it has to be planned ahead of time.

-Tim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)