Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Oil question

Reply New post
Message Subject: Oil question
Lightning
Posted 3/26/2003 11:01 AM (#64824)
Subject: Oil question

Does the brand of oil make a difference what brand of oil you mix with as long as it is TWC-3? What are the differences between a Citgo or Pennzoil and a Mercury or Evinrude brand oil.
sworrall
Posted 3/26/2003 11:15 PM (#64870 - in reply to #64824)
Subject: RE: Oil question

Bass And Walleye Boats had a great article covering that issue last Spring, I believe. If you can locate a copy of that issue, it is worth thr read.

Basically, as long as the oil is TCW3, and lists that it meets or exceeds the warranties of all the engine builders, the oil will perform well.

I use a special oil for my Opti Max recommended and blended for the outboard by Quicksliver/Mercury, and figure it to be good insurance.

FishingFool
Posted 3/27/2003 10:56 AM (#64915 - in reply to #64824)
Subject: RE: Favorite time to fish?

If your outboard is new,you MUST use the manufactures brand of oil or you will void the waranty! If it is a few years old then go with a quality TCW3 oil and you should be fine.You asked what the diferances between some of the brands were,the additives and the amount that they put in the oil.They all might say TCW3 but use a Mercury oil in an OMC,blow the powerhead and they will tell you to break out your credit card!Just a word of advice.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)