Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tackle industires vs Chaos tackle rods

Message Subject: Tackle industires vs Chaos tackle rods
Michaeldircz
Posted 8/6/2014 12:02 AM (#724399)
Subject: Tackle industires vs Chaos tackle rods

Just wondering the pros and cons of these rods from anglers that have fished both. Especially for the largest rods rated 16oz and above
EsoxAddiction
Posted 8/6/2014 1:29 AM (#724400 - in reply to #724399)
Subject: Re: Tackle industires vs Chaos tackle rods

I think they're both great rods with great customer service to back them up. Personally, I prefer the chaos shock and awe just because of the action (medium fast) vs. TIs medium. The overall feel of the rod to me feels better for the way I fish. Its personal preference really. Not to mention they're prettier
toothycritter88
Posted 8/6/2014 5:24 AM (#724402 - in reply to #724400)

Big fan of the chaos tackle. Very light weight. I got rid of my st croixs because I like the chaos tackle better. The 9' have really long handles which is nice
MuskyMATT7
Posted 8/6/2014 4:27 PM (#724522 - in reply to #724399)
Subject: RE: Tackle industires vs Chaos tackle rods

Zib - 8/6/2014 7:29 AM

I own 2 TI's (XH & MH) and I'm pleased with how the rods load up & the longer handles that make casting the big baits a whole lot easier. I checked out the Chaos rods & they looked to be a good rod. I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. It wouldn't surprise me if the rod blanks for the TI & Chaos were made in the same factory in China with the same materials.

My thoughts exactly
jakejusa
Posted 8/6/2014 4:54 PM (#724529 - in reply to #724399)
Subject: RE: Tackle industires vs Chaos tackle rods

I'm in on the TI rods also
achotrod
Posted 8/10/2014 9:40 PM (#724885 - in reply to #724399)

I just had both side by side. They do come from the same factory but the TIs have better handles especially if your looking at 9ft rods. I left with 2 TI rods. One 9ft tel XXH and one XH. Used them for everything from DBL8s to pownders. Surprisingly the XXH did a better job with the smaller stuff. The XH just seemed stiffer over all. I also used Tooth Tamers for a day which were nice as well but again liked the handles on the TIs the best. I have been using St Croix and MI rods but didnt use them much once I got the TIs.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)