Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Lexa 400 Drag slipping

Message Subject: Lexa 400 Drag slipping
Ralidan
Posted 7/14/2014 1:58 PM (#720653)
Subject: Lexa 400 Drag slipping

When the spool is dry, it works just fine. However, after a bit of fishing, the drag resistance will be only a pound or two - enough that a large amount of line comes out when ripping a bulldawg. would be impossible to land a fish like this.

I think it must be getting wet becasuse after the first time it happened, i let it set for a few days and it was fine again... so i took it back out with me the next time, and it failed again after maybe 15 minutes of use.

has anyone else experienced this?

Suggestions to fix, or do i need to send it to daiwa?
Will Schultz
Posted 7/14/2014 2:08 PM (#720655 - in reply to #720653)
Subject: Re: Lexa 400 Drag slipping

Could it be that the line is slipping on the spool and the drag is functioning correctly?
Flambeauski
Posted 7/14/2014 2:25 PM (#720656 - in reply to #720653)

See if the problem persists with no line on the spool. If it does, send it back. If it doesn't you need backing on the spool.
tswoboda
Posted 7/14/2014 2:36 PM (#720658 - in reply to #720656)

Flambeauski - 7/14/2014 2:25 PM See if the problem persists with no line on the spool. If it does, send it back. If it doesn't you need backing on the spool.

OR...

When the drag is slipping, pull some line out and watch the spool... not the line on the spool, the spool itself.  If the spool is spinning then the drag is messed up so you should send the reel back. If the line is spinning but the spool remains stationary, then you need to respool with some backing.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)