Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> I thought I wet myself

Message Subject: I thought I wet myself
JohnMD
Posted 3/16/2003 1:37 PM (#63879)
Subject: I thought I wet myself

Got the boat out of storage today!!!

Hooked up the batteries did a quick systems check, hooked up a Hose to the Mighty Merc 4-stroke gave the bulb a few pumps and turned the ignition key, the starter made its usual sound for a few seconds and then the motor jumped to life it spit and sputtered for a few seconds and then smoothed out to a nice idle. at first I thought I wet myself out of excitement but then realized it was just water from the hose.

Open water Hurry up!!!!!!!!!!
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2003 6:24 PM (#63890 - in reply to #63879)
Subject: RE: I thought I wet myself

This winter thing we have up here makes for some pretty weird behavior near the end, doesn't it?

Good news that the rig runs nice, anyway!

jonfloater
Posted 3/16/2003 6:50 PM (#63897 - in reply to #63879)

J,MD., The motor is ALMOST everything. Its times like this that we wished we had ordered the 5" steel hull! One month for the barn to cough up my machine!

Posted 3/17/2003 7:17 AM (#63951 - in reply to #63897)

Be thankful yours started, mine won't, Is it possible that I put in too much fogging oil last fall? the motor just cranks & spits & smokes but won't fire up, the gas is brand new the oil mixture is correct and the batteries are good, I changed the fuel filter still no go so I changed the spark plugs still no go.

Any Ideas on what to look at next?

Dissapointed Dave
mikie
Posted 3/17/2003 7:21 AM (#63952 - in reply to #63879)

I had a wet experience yesterday, too. I'd already replaced the float switch for the bilge pumps, just replaced the console switch, and Saturday's mail brought two new pumps. Got them installed, put water in the bilge, and let 'er rip. Gee, I forgot how far those things will pump water, really let it fly all over the back wall of the garage. Whoo-hoo, at least my bilge system works now! I put in 750 gph pumps, probably only needed the 500, and they sure suck water. LOTW, here we come. m
VMS
Posted 3/17/2003 8:46 AM (#63970 - in reply to #63952)

Pull the plugs, turn the motor over a bit to maybe help dry out the cylinders a little (they'll be wet i'd bet)

spray a some starting fluid into the cylinders, and take off the carb covers so you can spray fluid directly into the carb. Fire away...may just be hard starting this year for some reason...

Steve
BTPF
Posted 3/17/2003 9:08 AM (#63973 - in reply to #63879)

Im so excited I had to go outside last night and actually tuck in my boat.

I must have cabin fever.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)