Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Repair for your graph screen

Message Subject: Repair for your graph screen
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/16/2003 8:30 PM (#63920)
Subject: Repair for your graph screen

I had a bad orange peel effect on my graph screen from bug spray or some type of cleaner. I was at the sports show to talk to some of the Pro Staffers of the electronics booths to see if anyone new of anything that would clear up the screen on my graph. Nothing. Thats what I was hearing from everyone. Well I talked to a guy that was selling Flitz. This is a metal and fiberglass polish/cleaner. This stuff rocks!!! I was not to sure of what he was telling me so he gave me a sheet of plastis, some sand paper and let me destroy the plastic. He applied a small amount of Flitz to the plastic and rubbed it until the plastic was fine. WOW I was blown away, he then told me about the fiberglass boat scratches that will dissapear, I said how about the oxidation on my motor and he said that was not a problem at all. Well I bought a little tube and worked a small spot on my graph, it worked, so I did the whole graph. This product made my screen look new, this stuff works, I am blown away how good it cleared up my graph. I just thought I would pass this on to everyone who might of had some sort of issue like I did. I could not find any help from any graph manufacturer at all, they said send it in. This was a $10 tube that will do my whole boat. This stuff Rocks.
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2003 10:35 PM (#63938 - in reply to #63920)
Subject: RE: Repair for your graph screen

Great stuff, isn't it? I have used the stuff for over 20 years, and it does everything they claim!
stephendawg
Posted 3/17/2003 5:18 AM (#63947 - in reply to #63920)

I've used Flitz on my guns for years. Kinda amazin' what that stuff can do, eh?

.....but, can it make ice melt?

TECK
Posted 3/17/2003 7:26 AM (#63953 - in reply to #63947)

Sond good How can I get some? It was one of the thing I was looking for at the sports show and didn't find.
stephendawg
Posted 3/17/2003 7:33 AM (#63955 - in reply to #63920)

Gosh, I think they sell it a Lowe's or even WallyWorld. It's pretty common 'round here.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/17/2003 7:38 AM (#63956 - in reply to #63953)

Teck, I will give you the info when I get home. I have one of there order forms. This stuff is great, one of my fishing pals at work this morning told me he uses it to keep his bucktail blades looking new, this is just one more use. I wish I would have bought a bigger supply.
Shep
Posted 3/17/2003 8:40 AM (#63965 - in reply to #63956)

Took a keen eye to notice that Flitz booth yesterday, I'd say! LOL. Mike, glad it worked. I'm still bloated from the crab legs. I ate way too much!
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/17/2003 10:19 AM (#63987 - in reply to #63965)

Shep I figure we ate close to 30 full crabs, I feel like a shelfish, I feel like I know spongebob personally now. I will meet the one and only in two weeks. Bring on the Cave, I need to get slimed.
divani
Posted 3/18/2003 12:59 AM (#64062 - in reply to #63920)

do they sell this in Europe as well? I have an eagle strata 128 depthfinder that has a scratch on the display. Can I remove it with this Flitz product?
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/18/2003 8:52 AM (#64081 - in reply to #64062)

I had trouble getting any rep to give out any advice. I scratched the plastic up real bad at the show, you could not even see through it at all and the stuff cleared it up 95%. I would try it after what it did for me but thats my opinion, I am not a rep or claim to know the limitations of this product, just passing on what it did for me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)