Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Tube Baits

Message Subject: Tube Baits
mavmskyb8
Posted 3/11/2003 9:14 PM (#63406 - in reply to #58556)
Subject: RE: Tube Baits

Esoxalot- it costs an extra 6 pk of beer if you use the same baits as the driver of the boat !!
Esoxalot
Posted 3/12/2003 5:25 PM (#63520 - in reply to #63406)

If it catches muskies, I'll give you a case!

Posted 3/14/2003 12:20 PM (#63724 - in reply to #58556)

I just spoke with Ted Takasaki about Tiger Tubes and he had another really cool rigging idea. He said that some folks take a zara spook body and insert it into the tube. Now you have a topwater tube. I would think that with a really small spook, you could make a neutrally bouyant tube and holy cripes...

This is one of the coolest threads on using a lure that I have read. Great job peeps.

Tom B
spieg
Posted 3/14/2003 12:45 PM (#63730 - in reply to #58556)

Zara Super Spook fits perfectly inside an 8" tube, and with no hooks, floats. I would imagine that with the addition of a leader, and some hooks, it would be close to neutral bouyant, or perhaps sink at a very slow rate. Either way, could be worth a shot!
ddfenner
Posted 3/14/2003 12:54 PM (#63734 - in reply to #63387)

Esoxalot...

I suppose you can play color games with the trailer tube, but I have focused upon the salt scent and Land O'lakes artifical scents...

Speaking of scents, we haven't jumped into the natural bait scent as of yet... How to rig a chub minnow with the tiger tube and use via slip-bobber or planner board trollings... You can almost conceal a small chub minnow inside an 8 inch tube, except for it's tail which is located exactly where the treble is...

The 5 inch salted tube keeps that treble elevated enough to allow the chub tail to do it's thing and when presented very naturally with the aid of current and wind, slip-bobber, planner board, free lining, what else? well gentlemen, your going to get bit...

Like I stated very early on... Your imagination will limit you as to how you can fish this lure....

I would like to announce the Ddfenner Tubin club... Email me at [email protected] to receive your free membership and tubin alias...

Esoxalot
Posted 3/14/2003 8:07 PM (#63781 - in reply to #63734)

I just sent in my application.
spieg
Posted 3/15/2003 5:32 PM (#63846 - in reply to #58556)

Ok, this thing could work! Zara Super spook inside an 8" tiger tube. Spooky tube?

With VMC 4x 4/0 trebles, it is still quite bouyant. With the hooks toward the front like this, its perfectly balanced horizontally. With a trailer hook, the tail sinks. A little bit of weight in the middle or up front, and it would go neutral no problem. As is, it floats, but a quick jerk should get it close to 1' down. It should still work great for walking the dog. Time shall tell!

Edited by spieg 3/15/2003 5:34 PM
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2003 6:51 AM (#63871 - in reply to #63846)

To post a picture to the site as an attachment, simply check the box below this text box that says-- Attach a file to this thread after posting?-- 

When you are done posting, the option to select the file or browse to locate it opens. Find the file, open it, and submit. Pretty easy, and hardly 'ridiculous'.

If the picture fails to upload, the file size is probably too large. We try to keep the file size on the photos under 200KB, plenty for a good picture on the web.  As an example, DD's picture on the thread above is 56,246 bytes.To check the file size on the picture you wish to upload to our server, right click on it, and click on 'properties'. If the file size is too big, use a photo editing program to reduce it to an acceptable size.

DRMUSKIE
Posted 3/17/2003 5:21 PM (#64017 - in reply to #63291)

Anyone know where I can buy the 45-60 lb. Mason stranded exposed wire leader material that DDFENNER describes in his very informative comments on using Tiger Tubes???
MuskieE
Posted 3/17/2003 7:54 PM (#64025 - in reply to #58556)

How about putting an undertaker inside the tube???You would have a pretty neat tube glider then.

Somebody needs to post a picture of that one!

Edited by MuskieE 3/17/2003 7:55 PM
ddfenner
Posted 3/18/2003 7:40 AM (#64072 - in reply to #64017)

Gandner Mountain may have it; call ahead.

I get my Mason Leader material at www.thornebros.com

Posted 3/18/2003 10:25 AM (#64095 - in reply to #58556)

Another good leader material is Tyger leaders. It is coated and can be tied. Very cool stuff.

Thorne Bros has had it.

Tom B
Mikes Extreme
Posted 3/18/2003 12:09 PM (#64101 - in reply to #64025)

MuskieE I think you are on to something. I will try one of those. A suspending Tiger Tube, what a awsome idea. Looks like the Cave is a good as any place to try that one out.
lobi
Posted 3/18/2003 1:52 PM (#64116 - in reply to #58556)

TTT
Keep this one alive! Who would have thought of hanging some plastic behind some plastic? I love it. I'm thinking of white or semi transparent for the trailer like the baitfish often have light or clear tails. Stuff a real smelly baitfish inside? Wow. There is a scent that wont wear off in a cast or two. Thanks guys..keep the ideas comming
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)