Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Modifying Down East Rod Holders

Message Subject: Modifying Down East Rod Holders
Shep
Posted 5/22/2014 3:09 PM (#712514 - in reply to #712496)
Subject: Re: Modifying Down East Rod Holders

SteveHulbert - 5/22/2014 11:37 AM
Shep - 5/22/2014 9:31 AM
Or maybe they can't stand the noise, the damage to the rod handles, the problems with mounting them on rails, and any number of issues.

Downeasters the best? To some yes. To others no. Use what you want.

Like I said, serious trollers use Down East. No serious troller mounts their rod holders to rails. And like I said earlier, people who don't use Down East don't know how to use them.....which is why yours made noise and they damaged your rod handles.

I'm talking the noise when you are not using them. I had them for many years, and I know how to use them. What's your problem with rails? The only way to mount them on a Ranger. But I guess no serious muskie angler would have a Ranger, right Steve?.

SteveHulbert
Posted 5/22/2014 9:17 PM (#712558 - in reply to #712514)

I have no problem Shep. But no serious troller fishes out of a Ranger either. You can be a serious musky fishermen with a Ranger, no doubt. Incredible boat. But if you primarily troll or make a living trolling, NO ONE buys a Ranger.

Hey ShutUpNFish....nice Cisco system. No one matches Cisco in quality. They are the leader.
Shep
Posted 5/27/2014 9:25 AM (#712965 - in reply to #712558)

So if you don't primarily troll, or make a living from trolling, then you are not a serious troller? And if a Ranger, Triton, Tuffy, Princecraft, Skeeter, Warrior, Lund, etc is not capable of serious trolling, what boat is required?

I think Doug Johnson, Brett Jolly, Brett Alexander, Dennis Radloff and many others are pretty serious about trolling, and I'm quite certain would disagree with you there. And neither of them own the boat you are implying they should have.

ShutUpNFish
Posted 5/27/2014 12:53 PM (#712992 - in reply to #710460)

Easy guys...Its all cool and everyone has their own opinions. I think what he is trying to say is that most trollers, who troll pretty much exclusively and troll bigger waters, typically (and I stress typically)...run Deep V style Aluminums or big water Fiberglass boats such as Lunds, Alumacrafts, Starcrafts, Crestliners, Grady, Sportcraft, Parker etc...Definitely no disrespect to Ranger Boats, but I would never own one for my style of fishing and where I fish either.

Thanks Steve, I love my Cisco/Down East combos!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)