Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Phantom Hook Question

Message Subject: Phantom Hook Question
jcern
Posted 4/21/2014 12:03 PM (#707933)
Subject: Phantom Hook Question

I was out fishing this past weekend using a 6 inch phantom soft tail. I had hooked a few fish only to lose them seconds later. after checking the bait after each encounter i noticed that the hook point was bent out at a 45 degree angle. Just curious if anyone else has had this same type of issue? I really like using the phantoms but i have had this issue on a number of occasions on the smaller and larger versions as well. Any advice on how to fix this problem?
IAJustin
Posted 4/21/2014 12:25 PM (#707938 - in reply to #707933)
Subject: Re: Phantom Hook Question

what rod do you throw them with? with lighter hooks you need to match your rod to your bait. back your drag off a little on baits with lighter hooks as well.
Mojo1269
Posted 4/21/2014 12:49 PM (#707941 - in reply to #707938)
Subject: Re: Phantom Hook Question

What ^^^^^^said. Those thinner wire hooks cannot take the same play as a 7/0n a DCG. You can bput beefier hooks on a Phanton but it dampens the action if they are too heavy.
jcern
Posted 4/21/2014 6:06 PM (#707986 - in reply to #707933)
Subject: RE: Phantom Hook Question

I have been using a St. Croix LT Lip Stick. I do keep my drag locked down pretty tight. next time out I will try to back off the drag a little bit. thanks for the help
Simple Man
Posted 4/22/2014 3:13 PM (#708139 - in reply to #707933)
Subject: RE: Phantom Hook Question

jcern - 4/21/2014 12:03 PM I was out fishing this past weekend using a 6 inch phantom soft tail. I had hooked a few fish only to lose them seconds later. after checking the bait after each encounter i noticed that the hook point was bent out at a 45 degree angle. Just curious if anyone else has had this same type of issue? I really like using the phantoms but i have had this issue on a number of occasions on the smaller and larger versions as well. Any advice on how to fix this problem?

Never ahd that issue at all.  However, I use Phantoms frequently so keep us posted with updates.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)