Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> TI XH and XXH versus Legend Tournment H and XH

Message Subject: TI XH and XXH versus Legend Tournment H and XH
Tackle Industries
Posted 3/24/2014 10:02 PM (#701851 - in reply to #701831)
Subject: Re: TI XH and XXH versus Legend Tournment H and XH

Turkeyt - 3/24/2014 8:36 PM

Your post does not sound rude but, saying your rods are made overseas using German and Italian equipment does not tell where they are made. The TI rods have no stamping on the rod blank showing where they are made. Most companies state on their rod blanks where they are made. The only way you can cut costs and sell cheaper is get them made cheaper. That is what St Croix did with their Mojo and Triumph. They farm them out to the pennies on the dollar labor market... right?

I have never seen a rod label state they are made outside of the USA with the exception of "Made in the USA" rods and even then many don't put that on their rod. Its a legal issue if you don't put where they are made on your card label at the point of sale unless they are made in the USA and then they don't have to have a label if the manufacture so chooses. Also never seen a "Made in Mexico" stamped on a SC Mojo rod and probably never will as they are not required to to so. And your incorrect on using cheaper raw materials for my TI products. I bet I spend nearly as much on my raw materials if not more and much of it comes from USA companies (which actually comes from oil from the Middle East!). I am 99% sure SC gets a much larger bulk discount on raw materials as they buy a lot more than I ever could dream of. They make nearly 40X-50X more rods than I do a year. Look into bulk buying power.... Also, where do you think SC got their rod rolling equipment from? Unless their equipment was custom made it most likely came from Germany or Italy as much of the USA high end industrial equipment does. I help spec out and source equipment in the USA as part of my day job and most of it comes from Europe. As for labor costs, we could spend countless hours at the bar discussing this issue but in short, businesses are punished for having employees in the USA and its getting worse every year. Look at what the health care bill is doing right now to small businesses let alone the tax structure for small/medium businesses. I paid almost 70% in taxes on every dollar last year. Some are called "fees" but if the check is written to the United States Treasury its a tax in my book. Again, hours and hours at the bar discussing this one... Question, do you honestly think the majority of USA businesses want to make product overseas? I don't... But again, if I don't my products almost double in cost. I almost went bankrupt listening to people with similar opinions as you and when I did make my product in the USA years ago nobody bought them as they were too expensive. Now I make them overseas and keep a close eye on production, raw materials, offer a good quality product at a fair price and I can't keep up. Its a global economy, like it or not. The funny thing is, most of the people who post rants here (not you) are sitting in a chair, in cloths, typing on a computer, in a home with furniture, using products everyday that are not made in the USA when they could have spent 50%-300% more and bought "made in the USA" but they choose not to....why is fishing equipment any different (and I am sure its not if you look at your reels and other equipment)? More bar talk but the USA has major changes to make if they want to bring manufacturing back to the USA and I for one vote for those changes but its funny as most vote for those politicians who send manufacturing and jobs out of the USA because it save the consumer money. Well, rant over, time to go get a made in the USA captain&coke and go to bed
James
PS-The above is a big part why TI donates the majority of profits to charities. Then I don't have to give nearly as much in taxes to our Gov. to do more stupid stuff and fly around in expensive jets to discuss doing even more stupid stuff...
Brozz88
Posted 3/25/2014 7:00 AM (#701885 - in reply to #701851)

I hear ya, I'd rather give it away to a stranger rather than give any more to those rich greedy politicians. New York is the worst for taxes and greedy worthless politicians!
Anonymous
Posted 3/25/2014 7:28 AM (#701891 - in reply to #697099)
Subject: RE: TI XH and XXH versus Legend Tournment H and XH

Tackle Industries - 3/7/2014 3:51 PM
The rods are assembled overseas on primarily up to date German and Italian made rod manufacturing equipment. This saves another $20-$30 a rod.

The guides are not in even in-line on the TI rod I have, didn't notice at first but now I find it funny.  You would think that the craftsmen of these rods would first off, have some type of tool to line up the guides for christs sake.  And second, be pulled at a quality control check at some point.

Having everything made overseas saves money, we get that.  Building costs are low which keeps the price of the rod low (although $30 more than initially) and profit margins just as good if not better than some of the other brands.

I did like the action of the blank on the TI rod but overall quality seemed to be lacking some. Really not bashing the brand, simply trying to shed some light on issues people don't hear about. Some negative feedback can be a good thing too.
Mark Nicholas GS
Posted 3/25/2014 8:22 AM (#701903 - in reply to #696737)

ESocks

Take a look at the Chaos Tackle Assault Sticks. More of a Medium fast tip blended with a fast shaft. I think they would fit what you are looking for perfectly.

PM me if you have any questions
Turkeyt
Posted 3/25/2014 8:32 AM (#701905 - in reply to #701851)

Tackle Industries - 3/24/2014 11:02 PM
I have never seen a rod label state they are made outside of the USA with the exception of "Made in the USA" And your incorrect on using cheaper raw materials for my TI products.

Reply from Turkeyt:
I have rods that were bought in stores that have made in china on the blanks.
I did not comment that you used cheap materials just cheap labor.

I'm done
sworrall
Posted 3/25/2014 8:50 AM (#701912 - in reply to #701891)

Anonymous - 3/25/2014 7:28 AM

Tackle Industries - 3/7/2014 3:51 PM
The rods are assembled overseas on primarily up to date German and Italian made rod manufacturing equipment. This saves another $20-$30 a rod.

The guides are not in even in-line on the TI rod I have, didn't notice at first but now I find it funny.  You would think that the craftsmen of these rods would first off, have some type of tool to line up the guides.  And second, be pulled at a quality control check at some point.

Having everything made overseas saves money, we get that.  Building costs are low which keeps the price of the rod low (although $30 more than initially) and profit margins just as good if not better than some of the other brands.

I did like the action of the blank on the TI rod but overall quality seemed to be lacking some. Really not bashing the brand, simply trying to shed some light on issues people don't hear about. Some negative feedback can be a good thing too.

Did you contact TI and ask them to address the issue? If not, you have absolutely nothing to complain about. I have seen warranty issues in every brand rod I own. It's overall quality and customer service that make a brand.

Example:
I use Dell computers for the most part. I recently purchased a Dell Venue Pro for the road, easier to work on with the Mobile keyboard, and has the SSD and processing power to edit 720P video. It arrived and worked OK except it would not recognize the Mobile keyboard. Two sessions with customer service remote accessing my machine didn't solve the issue, so I sent it back overnight Fed Ex in a box they sent me and I'll have my machine back in a week. Not bad, and I am a happy customer despite the warranty issue (motherboard, by the way). Take the great customer service out of the equation and all I had was a brand new expensive machine that didn't work. Point is, that is WHY companies have warranties on the products they sell.

The St. Croixs, Abu Garcias, Shimanos, and TI's of the world co-exist nicely due to marketing power and niche marketing.

Another point, you don't have any idea what 'profit margins' are on any rod. More to consider there than just your perceptions.
sworrall
Posted 3/25/2014 8:53 AM (#701915 - in reply to #701905)

Turkeyt - 3/25/2014 8:32 AM

Tackle Industries - 3/24/2014 11:02 PM
I have never seen a rod label state they are made outside of the USA with the exception of "Made in the USA" And your incorrect on using cheaper raw materials for my TI products.

Reply from Turkeyt:
I have rods that were bought in stores that have made in china on the blanks.
I did not comment that you used cheap materials just cheap labor.

I'm done

So what?

Buy the brand or don't, based upon your personal preference.
Brozz88
Posted 3/25/2014 9:03 AM (#701918 - in reply to #701891)

I wold agree on the Qc part of that maybe someone should do a little better final inspection.i have a new 8.6" xheavy that was passed along to me,from its former owner probly because the reel seet is clocked a little to the 1 o'clock position. Kinda bugs you during the day looking at it, but I'll use it at night when you can't see it. Won't bother me at all. And I just purchased a new 9' xxheavy a few weeks back that 3 guides needed some tweaking. The first biggest one is pretty crooked in the 11oclock 5 oclock position but I tweaked em enough where you can't notice it unless your looking at the feet thru the wrapping. Quality components are there just a little more time in the fit and finish would be sweet.Im sure the extra time spent would cost extra$ but whats another 10 bucks per rod for the quality to be truly comparable with the top notch off the shelfers.No disrespect ment, I'll use the heck outa both of em,and really appreciate the owner of Ti for the generous donations to veterans.
sworrall
Posted 3/25/2014 9:07 AM (#701923 - in reply to #696737)

Or, you could buy a St. Croix, right? Choose your rod. I have Muskie sticks from both brands and chose my muskie stick based upon what I want it to do, and how much I wanted to spend on a rod that fit the bill.
Brozz88
Posted 3/25/2014 9:11 AM (#701925 - in reply to #701851)

Right,Steve, happens with every rod company out there I'm sure. You can't keep an eye on every worker and make sure he or she gives a shot enough to see that every rod is perfect.i understand that and my issues werent big enough where I thought should call or email to complain and send the Rods back or anything. just my 2$.TI has Great products and will defiantly buy more
Brozz88
Posted 3/25/2014 9:14 AM (#701927 - in reply to #701925)

Like $200 extra yup or buy 2 Ti's and fish and don't cry about crooked eyes I know.I did
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)