Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Under dawg reviews?

Message Subject: Under dawg reviews?
Landry
Posted 2/4/2014 8:04 PM (#689487)
Subject: Under dawg reviews?

Anyone seen the under dawg in the water yet other than the few sponsored guys promoting them?
Do they fish much deeper?
Thanks
Landry
Hop
Posted 2/5/2014 6:52 AM (#689519 - in reply to #689487)
Subject: RE: Under dawg reviews?

Awesome bait! I fished it! They are heavier and can easily be fished deeper! It will be one of my go to baits this season for sure!
Zib
Posted 2/5/2014 11:01 AM (#689557 - in reply to #689487)

I bought one at the Ohio show. The guys said that it runs deeper than a double dawg but deeper than a pounder. I was going to get 3 of them but I want to catch some fish on the one I have before I spend $27 on another one.
JimtenHaaf
Posted 2/5/2014 2:50 PM (#689608 - in reply to #689557)

Zib - 2/5/2014 12:01 PM

I bought one at the Ohio show. The guys said that it runs deeper than a double dawg but deeper than a pounder. I was going to get 3 of them but I want to catch some fish on the one I have before I spend $27 on another one.

Wait... Huh?
I'm guessing you meant to say it runs deeper than a double, shallower than a Pounder? The reason for making this Dawg was so that it fished deeper than a Pounder. It's my understanding it's supposed to be running the deepest of all the models.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 2/5/2014 4:49 PM (#689638 - in reply to #689608)

I fished them last fall. They run deeper than a pounder. I was working them slow in Dec and they were down 12'. They have great action caught some fish on them just straight cranking also. This bait will produce some monsters this year.
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
Zib
Posted 2/5/2014 9:48 PM (#689701 - in reply to #689608)

JimtenHaaf - 2/5/2014 3:50 PM
Zib - 2/5/2014 12:01 PM I bought one at the Ohio show. The guys said that it runs deeper than a double dawg but deeper than a pounder. I was going to get 3 of them but I want to catch some fish on the one I have before I spend $27 on another one.
Wait... Huh? I'm guessing you meant to say it runs deeper than a double, shallower than a Pounder? The reason for making this Dawg was so that it fished deeper than a Pounder. It's my understanding it's supposed to be running the deepest of all the models.

Oops! Ya I was told by the guys at the MI booth (Berman & Quintano & 1 other guy) that the under dawg ran deeper than the double & shallower than the pounder.

SpencerBerman
Posted 2/5/2014 10:07 PM (#689703 - in reply to #689487)

I love the bait! I got them last August and used them the rest of the season with some great results. They do run deeper then a current pounder and probably about the same as the old pounders. Also another great thing about them is that with the narrow body not only do they run deep but they also hook up amazingly well. Jeff is definitely correct that these baits are going to catch some monsters this season
Landry
Posted 2/6/2014 2:40 PM (#689814 - in reply to #689487)
Subject: Re: Under dawg reviews?

Thanks guys.
jano
Posted 2/6/2014 3:04 PM (#689824 - in reply to #689487)

Landry - 2/4/2014 8:04 PM

other than the few sponsored guys promoting them?

even with a clear message like this it look like they cant resist
CiscoKid
Posted 2/6/2014 4:26 PM (#689854 - in reply to #689487)

Jef what makes them better than say the Mojo other than maybe color selection?

My first thought when I saw this bait coming out was "Oh no, another Twin Fin". I do see it catches fish for guys like Spencer though so it appears to be a better fish triggerer than the Twin Fin was. I can't help but wonder how it is better than the Big Joe though. I guess it is a larger profile.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 2/6/2014 5:08 PM (#689866 - in reply to #689854)

Jano- sorry but guys had questions about how deep they ran-- very few guys have ever seen them in the water or would be able to answer any questions. So I answered their questions on how they ran.

Travis- Never said it was better than a Mojoe or any Big Joe, I am a huge fan of Live Action lures. The Under Dawg has a toataly different action, the joes and Mojoes have a lot more up and down action,(the way I work them anyway) the Underdawg has more resistance so it glides more.
They are 2 totally different tools for putting fish in the boat
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
CiscoKid
Posted 2/6/2014 5:29 PM (#689868 - in reply to #689487)

Jeff that is good info. My impression when I heard them talked about with the cylindrical body gave me the impression there would be no glide.

Thanks
Musky19
Posted 2/7/2014 1:09 AM (#689954 - in reply to #689487)

Jano first of all amazing that your criticizing when you don't even put a name on a post. Also I think both Spencer and Jeff provided answers to questions about the running depth of the bait as well as how it works. They did both give endorsements of the lure that you can completely disregard sense they are both sponsored by Musky Innovations however I don't really feel that there is any problem with them responding. I mean watch the Musky Hunter Episode with Spencer, clearly its huge post frontal hell I remember the week Saric put up the face book post, point is Spencer still decided to throw the bait even though the conditions sucked and they where going to be hard pressed to get a show. Point is they can still endorse a bait and that show proved that he trusted it in a tough shoot. Proves the point for me!
CASTING55
Posted 2/7/2014 10:56 AM (#690024 - in reply to #689954)

I bet spencer and jeff are very happy they are sponsored by musky innovations,if they weren`t I bet they would be using them anyway.bulldawgs and other baits like it catch fish and are great baits to use,I can`t wait to get me a few of the underdawgs and try them out this yr.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)