Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Rattles in cranks?

Message Subject: Rattles in cranks?
Reggie54
Posted 10/7/2013 4:30 PM (#667289)
Subject: Rattles in cranks?

Just curious if you guys have an opinion on using cranks with or without rattles? I've had more success without them, but haven't really given them an equal amount of time in the water. I've also heard a pretty big-time musky guru swear by going with no rattles when trolling open water. Your thoughts?
ToddM
Posted 10/7/2013 8:10 PM (#667353 - in reply to #667289)
Subject: Re: Rattles in cranks?

I ha e seen lakes where rattles work well and places they don't. I personally like vibration more but everything can be relative with water clarity, conditions and structure. I can tell you for instance that my more than a decade ago.experience on the fox chain with all its traffic and pressure I caught one fish trolling a crankbait with a rattle. The rest were on non rattling baits. I went to Indiana back in the day and they liked both.
CiscoKid
Posted 10/8/2013 6:37 AM (#667401 - in reply to #667289)
Subject: RE: Rattles in cranks?

I use them with both. Quite honestly I don't think it matters the majority of the time. I fish a lot of open water, and have caught many of fish on baits with rattles. In fact Jakes and Ernies are some of my top open water producers, and they contain rattles.
Reggie54
Posted 10/8/2013 9:51 AM (#667442 - in reply to #667289)

Thanks for the feedback guys, good to hear some opinions.
ToddM
Posted 10/8/2013 7:26 PM (#667564 - in reply to #667289)

Something else to think about with rattles. Not all baits with rattles rattle. Jakes for instance at least the 8 and 10" models don't rattle. The ball rolls around making a unique sound.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)