Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> opener dates

Message Subject: opener dates
horseplayer
Posted 2/4/2003 12:18 PM (#58532)
Subject: opener dates

Without going to every Department of Naturtal Resources site and downloading giant booklets of information, I would like to know the date of the muskie opener for each state. I'm getting antsy and I saw a flight to Louisville for $86 Sunday. Were still 4+ months away here.

MN: June 7
muskyone
Posted 2/4/2003 12:35 PM (#58536 - in reply to #58532)
Subject: RE: opener dates

Wisconsin DNR says North of hiway 10 the season opens the Saturday closest to Memorial day. This year that looks like the 24th of May. South of hiway 10 it opens, the 1st Saturday in May. That woud be the 3rd this year.
tomcat
Posted 2/4/2003 12:39 PM (#58537 - in reply to #58532)

Horseplay, Indiana has no closed season. you can fish year 'round
tomcat.
mavmskyb8
Posted 2/4/2003 1:30 PM (#58547 - in reply to #58532)

....." It never freezes in Kentucky, the girls only warn 'ya...... sung to "it never rains in California" Well, almost never!! It was in the 60's mon. & tues., back n the low 30's for the next week. Should start warming up soon!!
horseplayer
Posted 2/4/2003 2:43 PM (#58557 - in reply to #58532)

I assume most lakes in indiana, kentucky, and illinios don't rely on natural reproduction, but when do the muskies finsish going through the motions?

when does a visitor have a realistic chance of catching fish in these states? what are the water temps like in kentucky right now? are fish caught regulary at this time of year or are they mostly not feeding?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)