Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> canadian trout water colors

Message Subject: canadian trout water colors
lloyd christmas
Posted 8/30/2013 7:18 AM (#660433)
Subject: canadian trout water colors

Heading for trout water in a few weeks. any colors besides blues, silver white, cisco, whitefish, or lake trout patterns that people have success on? better to be over prepared than going," I wish I had that color"!
Troutwater
Posted 8/30/2013 7:52 AM (#660440 - in reply to #660433)
Subject: RE: canadian trout water colors

What lake you going to? I've fished Crow, Pipestone, and the Manitou and I found them all to have their own intricacies. Pink worked well on Pipestone and the Manitou, and a red/yellow maribou worked really well on the Manitou.

As for crankbaits outside of Crow never had much luck with straight models...only jointed. I think Joe Bucher puts it well that they give the "allusion of speed," which can be a big factor on trout water IMO.
elkman99
Posted 8/30/2013 7:54 AM (#660441 - in reply to #660433)

lloyd christmas - 8/30/2013 7:18 AM

Heading for trout water in a few weeks. any colors besides blues, silver white, cisco, whitefish, or lake trout patterns that people have success on? better to be over prepared than going," I wish I had that color"! ;)

First off, GREAT NAME LOL! Brown is a great color. Trout water is loaded with smallies. Another great color is red/yellow. And don't forget to shockem with some pink too.
DonPursch
Posted 8/30/2013 8:09 AM (#660444 - in reply to #660441)

Trout water colors bright day bright lure dark day dark colors red and yellow is the best combo in my opinion there is color to the trout waters it not gin clear as people think
elkman99
Posted 8/30/2013 8:16 AM (#660446 - in reply to #660444)

Good to see you on here Don. How has the fishing on Rowan been?
Troutwater
Posted 8/30/2013 8:43 AM (#660454 - in reply to #660444)

DonPursch - 8/30/2013 8:09 AM

Trout water colors bright day bright lure dark day dark colors red and yellow is the best combo in my opinion there is color to the trout waters it not gin clear as people think

Obviously I'm not as well versed as Don, but I totally agree with that. Pipestone for example has an ever so slight stain to it even though you can see 10+ feet down. I found orange and purple are two colors that really show up well in it.
lloyd christmas
Posted 8/30/2013 9:21 AM (#660467 - in reply to #660433)
Subject: Re: canadian trout water colors

Thanks, I'm headed to the Pipe and just looking at some colors that shine over natural. Thanks for the input!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)