Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> lowrance hdi transducer problem

Message Subject: lowrance hdi transducer problem
clintv11
Posted 7/24/2013 12:20 AM (#653305)
Subject: lowrance hdi transducer problem

Anyone ever run into this or now how to fix:

My Elite 7 hdi was running fantastic and all of a sudden if I got over 20-30ft of water the sonar/downscan screen would pretty much white out with interference and read 2-3ft. Once I got back to 10 or less ft it would start reading normal again ( this was at trolling speed 3-4mph). It has never happend before and am not quit sure what the issue is. Anyone got any ideas??
allegheny river kid
Posted 7/24/2013 8:56 PM (#653449 - in reply to #653305)
Subject: RE: lowrance hdi transducer problem

Make sure that your sonar is set for auto adjustment of depths. I had similar issues before with the elite 5x. It was only set for depths up to 15' after that the screen would go blank and then come back once inside 15' fow.

clintv11
Posted 7/25/2013 3:00 PM (#653587 - in reply to #653449)

Thanks for the info. I did check that and doesnt seem to be the issue. I talked with Lowrance today and explained the issue and what I see on the screen and they feel it is a faulty transducer that is not finding the bottom. They are sending me a new transducer so I will let you kow if that solves the issue.
David
Posted 9/3/2013 4:20 AM (#660988 - in reply to #653305)

I'm having the same issue with my hdi transducer, they have replaced my head unit and the transducer and still getting the fault! I suspect I may have mounted the transducer too close to the prop so will shift it a but and retest.
Trophyseeker50
Posted 9/3/2013 10:33 PM (#661188 - in reply to #653305)
Subject: Re: lowrance hdi transducer problem

Try restoring factory defaults. This will send you through set up wizard and you should be good to go.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)