Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> The new wireless remote for minn kota?

Reply New post
Message Subject: The new wireless remote for minn kota?

Posted 1/27/2003 6:17 PM (#4727)
Subject: The new wireless remote for minn kota?

Does anyone have this setup?
Pros and cons?
stephendawg
Posted 2/3/2003 12:19 PM (#58326 - in reply to #4727)
Subject: RE: The new wireless remote for minn kota?

Congrats again on your new/used boat, Guys! Decide on a name yet?
I own a Wireless Remote AutoPilot that's about 8yrs old. It's on a 14ft tri-hull. It works great but I didn't buy it for the Remote. That's just the way it was (used one in the Trader). You'll find there's a bit of a delay in the response to your command because of the radio signal. That's a downside. Mine is a 36# thrust (I think. Maybe 32#) and when I give it a command to turn the power head, if I hold it long enough, it switches to a faster turning speed. I guess MinnKota assumed that if you're going to make drastic changes in direction you may want the motor to turn quicker. I've run it without incident for 3yrs and am used to it's unique response time. I also have a 42# AutoPilot (regular style) on my new/used boat. It's a 19' Tracker Magna and I prefer the quicker response to my commands.It doesn't have the 2-speed turning rate though. I'm not sure why they did that. I've run other AutoPilots like the one on my big boat and they didn't have the 2-speed either. I have to say that I really like my experience with MinnKota and the AutoPilot series. Just keep the batteries charged and you shouldn't have any problems. Low batteries are an AutoPilot's enemy. Have fun setting up your boat! Spring's on the way!
ToddM
Posted 2/3/2003 9:00 PM (#58413 - in reply to #4727)
Subject: RE: The new wireless remote for minn kota?

P&J, we just bought the new remote control untit for our auto pilot. We won't be able to try it for about 45 days or so but I will post a report. The cost is 150 for the upgrade and it comes with 2 remotes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)