Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Check Out The Latest News ON Custom X Lures

Message Subject: Check Out The Latest News ON Custom X Lures
Violent Strike
Posted 8/15/2013 2:40 PM (#657582)
Subject: Check Out The Latest News ON Custom X Lures

Well the time has come for my announcement. Custom X Lures and Rods is based on high quality hand made lures and rods. We want nothing more to continue in that tradition. With that being said we also need to stay competitive in the market place. So we have chosen to take our THREE smaller lures (5" Mini X, 6" Chubby X, and 8" Mini X) and develop them in High Impact Plastic. (USA Built Molds and USA Injector and Assembly) This allows Custom X to be more competitive in the smaller bait arena, have better production times, and have lures that will hold up better. Our bigger lures will remain in wood and they can handle having 3+ coats of heavy epoxy on them which gives them extreme durability. Over the last couple months I have had some issue with cracking on the smaller lures, this due to not enough epoxy and a newer assembly process. I have since corrected that for the smaller lures. However, the time process it takes on the smaller lures compared to retail selling price does not make it feasible to continue with the small lures in wood. So we have really killed more than two birds with one stone here. We are extremely excited as we feel this move will allow us to get Custom X out to more of your favorite retailers. The pricing will be less, greater durability, and greater availability. I will continue to take custom painted orders also on the Hard Plastics as well as the other lures that remain in wood. Hope everyone will see the benefit of this and I am looking forward to showcasing them during the 2014 Musky Show Season!!!!!!!!!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Elite Series Logo (Copy).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Elite Series Logo (Copy).jpg (41KB - 207 downloads)
BucktailBurner
Posted 8/15/2013 2:43 PM (#657584 - in reply to #657582)
Subject: Re: Check Out The Latest News ON Custom X Lures

Congrats!
TJones
Posted 8/15/2013 3:55 PM (#657591 - in reply to #657582)

I love your 5" mini... almost hate to see anything change. Hopefully the action will stay the same when you switch to plastic.

Best of luck!
CustomX
Posted 8/15/2013 6:48 PM (#657614 - in reply to #657591)

We are running them side by side when testing and being that they are smaller lures we are very sure that the plastic will run just as good if not better than the wood. Now my 8" Chubby X, Hybrid, 12" Magnum X, 16" Monster X, and the new Fury 6.5 are all staying wood. They are bigger lures and I certainly feel that the wood properties make them what they are.

My goal is to provide high impact plastic lures that are more affordable to fishermen and women. At the same time offer the rest of my lineup in wood that are custom hand made quality.
RyanJoz
Posted 8/15/2013 6:51 PM (#657616 - in reply to #657582)

Super excited about this. Chuck, you make some of my favorite baits. Can't wait for a 6" chubby x.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)