Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> HELP! i lost my tackle box at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) wisconsin!

Message Subject: HELP! i lost my tackle box at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) wisconsin!
mskgirl
Posted 8/6/2013 10:53 PM (#655870)
Subject: HELP! i lost my tackle box at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) wisconsin!

i lost my gray plano musky tackle box, which i kinda custom built, tonight at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) and noticed there were many musky boats out... so i'm hoping it was a fellow honest musky enthusiast who may have picked it up.

i accidently forgot to load it in my vehicle tonight; it would've been in the parking lot next to the boat landing. i left at 8pm (tuesday, aug. 6th) and realized it wasn't in my car at 930pm - and upon return, it was already gone... along with everyone else.

i'm new to the sport and just started building my collection this season, so it's unfortunate this happened. along with my lures, my fishing license and tools were also in the box.

please, PLEASE share this information... anything helps! thank you so much.

[email protected]
10,000 Casts
Posted 8/7/2013 8:24 AM (#655910 - in reply to #655870)
Subject: Re: HELP! i lost my tackle box at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) wisconsin!

Tuesday night's are musky league on Lake Wausau, which is why you saw so many boats out and probably many vehicles parked with trailers at Memorial Park. I believe the league is hosted by Wisconsin League of Musky Anglers (http://www.fishwilma.org/) and many fisherman are also members of Bill's Musky Club (https://www.billsmuskyclub.com/), so maybe you could contact someone on each of those websites and let them know what happened. If any league fisherman found it last night and did grab it thinking a fellow member left it behind, they may have it somewhere waiting to be claimed.

Good luck in your search! I fish that lake about every evening, i'll keep my eye out for it as well as I go by there.

Edited by 10,000 Casts 8/7/2013 8:27 AM
mskgirl
Posted 8/7/2013 4:00 PM (#656032 - in reply to #655910)
Subject: Re: HELP! i lost my tackle box at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) wisconsin!

thank you! i am a member of 12 apostles and WILMA... and was out last night fishing lake wausau for league since it's part of the wisconsin river we have to choose from. and i've also posted this on the bill's musky club facebook page, as well as a few other local musky clubs. and on our local craigslist lost and found site.

i understand there is a lot of traffic in and out from that park, from anglers to disc golfers and leisure strollers... but my fingers are crossed.

there were about 70 baits in there, give or take, many of which were custom or sentimental in value... and cannot be replaced.

my fishing license was also in there, which has my name and address... so hopefully it was a fellow musky angler who picked it up.

**REWARD OFFERED!

[email protected]

Propster
Posted 8/7/2013 4:50 PM (#656044 - in reply to #655870)

Dorothy, if you have no luck with it being returned let us know. I will be happy to send you a few baits to get you back up and running. I know others on here would as well.
klcb
Posted 8/7/2013 10:01 PM (#656109 - in reply to #655870)
Subject: RE: HELP! i lost my tackle box at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) wisconsin!

this is what I like about you guys,don't know one another. willing to go the extra mile to help a fellow musky fisherman out.i don,t musky fish cause we don't have them here on ky lake.hopefully one of these days i'll get to the north and get the addiction.if you have something that you want painted send me a pm i'll throw in a paint job for ya,good luck hope your box will show up,james.
Posted 8/7/2013 10:56 PM (#656124 - in reply to #655870)
Subject: RE: HELP! i lost my tackle box at the memorial park boat landing (lake wausau) wisconsin!

THANK YOU! i got back from dinner tonight... and my tackle box was home waiting for me! to whoever the mystery man was who found my address via my fishing license and dropped it off, GOD BLESS YOUR KIND SOUL! i wish you would have left a note with your name or number so i could thank you proper - but please know that i am VERY grateful and i pray the musky gods reward you with BIG FISH! ;D

all day today, i was going back and forth between remaining hopeful and/or just cutting my losses - so you can only imagine how i whole-heartedly felt at the sight of it upon getting home! but really, i was moreso taken over by the mere fact that there are good honest people out there and all around us!!!

not only that, but to all the kind enthusiasts out there who offered to donate, you all are the reason there is so much passion for musky hunting! there was SO MUCH support from every direction and it just warms my heart, reaffirming the actual caliber of anglers we have out there handling and hunting this elusive beauty!

i can't thank you enough! thank you, thank you, thank you!
mskgirl
Posted 8/7/2013 11:00 PM (#656125 - in reply to #656044)

kcbl is definitely right! i'm am just so happy right now, esp knowing my fellow musky enthusiasts are as kind as they are compassionate and good!
Propster
Posted 8/8/2013 12:53 AM (#656130 - in reply to #655870)

Good deal, glad to hear it!
curleytail
Posted 8/8/2013 6:56 AM (#656139 - in reply to #655870)

Happy to hear you got it back! Nice to know there are still good, honest people out there.
AFchris
Posted 8/8/2013 12:52 PM (#656243 - in reply to #655870)

Awesome!
DRPEPIN
Posted 8/8/2013 1:15 PM (#656248 - in reply to #655870)

Maybe there is still hope for the human race. Great to hear.
klcb
Posted 8/8/2013 7:01 PM (#656316 - in reply to #655870)

great news Dorothy,glad to hear you got your box back.my hats off to the person that retuned it also.there are still some great people in this world.
breakwall
Posted 8/8/2013 8:02 PM (#656329 - in reply to #656316)

Glad to hear you got it back.
Muskyfisher
Posted 8/8/2013 8:28 PM (#656338 - in reply to #655870)

Glad to hear you gear was returned
esox69
Posted 8/8/2013 8:29 PM (#656340 - in reply to #656329)

no doubt, there are some amazing individuals on the boards here that are just plain ol' good people! any doubt about that can be disproved by all the support on Lisa's Lure auction- over $3,000 raised, and all the items auctioned were donated WITHOUT ANY SOLICITATION. repeat, ANY! the muskiefirst community came to me with rods, lures, and cash, i never asked for a thing... quite a community to be a part of...
steve
bobtodd
Posted 8/8/2013 8:43 PM (#656344 - in reply to #655870)

Good to hear you got your tackle box back Dorothy!!
sworrall
Posted 8/8/2013 10:04 PM (#656374 - in reply to #655870)

Sweet.
Posted 8/12/2013 3:45 PM (#657000 - in reply to #656344)

esox69 - 8/8/2013 8:29 PM

no doubt, there are some amazing individuals on the boards here that are just plain ol' good people! any doubt about that can be disproved by all the support on Lisa's Lure auction- over $3,000 raised, and all the items auctioned were donated WITHOUT ANY SOLICITATION. repeat, ANY! the muskiefirst community came to me with rods, lures, and cash, i never asked for a thing... quite a community to be a part of...
steve

thank you everyone! i've tried to ask around for who may have returned it since he only left his first name, but i haven't heard anything which leads me to believe he may want to stay anonymous. i couldn't be more grateful though! i'm definitely planning on writing about this and getting it in our local musky league/club publications!

not only that, but i can definitely attest to the fact that there are indeed some great people in our musky hunting community!

bobtodd - 8/8/2013 8:43 PM

Good to hear you got your tackle box back Dorothy!!

thank you, bob! your custom lures were in that tackle box too! i would've been so, SO sad if i lost it for good! glad it didn't turn out that way oh, the power of positive thinking and having faith in the good.
ToothyCritter
Posted 8/13/2013 8:36 AM (#657111 - in reply to #655870)

Don't get to see a happy outcome when things like this happen. This is a great change of pace.
muskieDon
Posted 8/13/2013 7:18 PM (#657241 - in reply to #657111)

Good read, good stuff, Ah yes love positives...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)