Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> 3 day fall trip in MN

Message Subject: 3 day fall trip in MN
dami0101
Posted 8/5/2013 7:36 AM (#655512)
Subject: 3 day fall trip in MN

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a 3 day trip in mid october for somewhere in MN for my father and I. I think our 16.5 ft boat would have trouble with some of the larger lakes, so smaller lakes would be good, or resorts on leech or vermillion that have good rental boats would also be an option.

Thanks.
muskyhunter47
Posted 8/5/2013 8:05 AM (#655518 - in reply to #655512)
Subject: Re: 3 day fall trip in MN

look at the vermilion dam lodge web page. they have 18 foot boats for rent. there in the middle oh the lake so it's easy to fish east or west side ed has some of the best guide s on the lake that can help you get on fish.
double J
Posted 8/7/2013 8:23 PM (#656089 - in reply to #655512)

i second that www.vdl.com nice boats nice people perfect spot on lake. always willing to give some advice
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 8/7/2013 9:08 PM (#656094 - in reply to #655512)

You will have a chance at a hawg on either lake, but both can be really big water depending on the weather. There are many good resorts and guides on Vermilion. Some of the guides guide full-time, other part-time. Every resort can get you a boat, if not you can have one delivered to the resort. If you want to interact with more musky fishermen then VDL and Spring Bay are the musky resorts by reputation. Depending on when you go in Oct, you may be hitting Spring Bay's Fall Outing. Check the Muskiefirst thread on the homepage for more info on the Fall Outing. I hope to make it there next year.

http://www.lakevermilionresorts.com/lodging/interactive-map

http://www.vermilionboatrentals.com/

muskynut09
Posted 8/9/2013 2:17 PM (#656559 - in reply to #656094)

I would recommend Spring Bay for Vermilion. You should be fine on that side of the lake with your 16.5 boat and there is a ton of fishing places close to the resort. On Leech you would want to rent a larger boat, or hope for no wind.
happy hooker
Posted 8/9/2013 3:49 PM (#656578 - in reply to #656559)

16.5 will do on V,,lots of bays lots of different landings no reason to cross a big expanse of the lake.
Mile Lacs would be risky,,so would leech,,Longville area has many lakes that do well in fall but those are natural repo lakes that have less fish per acre
djwilliams
Posted 8/9/2013 4:14 PM (#656591 - in reply to #655512)

I have a 16 ft boat on the big side of Leech. Ya just have to be smart, think about the wind, have a plan for where and when you'll be crossing large expanses. You get used to it, and you don't put yourself in too big a water.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)