Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Unseasonal Temperatures

Message Subject: Unseasonal Temperatures
Bucky_Musky
Posted 8/6/2013 6:40 AM (#655692)
Subject: Unseasonal Temperatures

With August temperatures being unseasonably cool so far, with the low 70's in the forecast over the next week, have people noticed a change in musky locations on lakes?

Generally in the summer you tend to see fish on the deep weed edge and suspended. I haven't had much luck in the 2nd half of the year and was wondering if people were having more luck contacting fish buried in weed beds or secondary humps in deeper water. I have tried a multitude of locations, but looking for some outside opinions. You can't put a pattern on fish if your not at least getting follows.

Edited by Bucky_Musky 8/6/2013 9:34 AM
Angler II
Posted 8/6/2013 8:10 AM (#655709 - in reply to #655692)
Subject: RE: Unseasonable Temperatures

Some fish will always be shallow. Head to the slop or shallow flats. I think you'll find a fish of two.....
Brad P
Posted 8/6/2013 8:21 AM (#655712 - in reply to #655692)
Subject: Re: Unseasonable Temperatures

Rather than fish where they "should" be, use your eyes and electronics and try to find out what the food in the lake you are on is doing. Where there is food, there are predators. Simple as that.
ulbian
Posted 8/6/2013 10:35 AM (#655729 - in reply to #655692)
Subject: Re: Unseasonal Temperatures

Spring was too cold. Then the stretch a month ago that was too hot. Now unseasonably cold. What a fickle climate we live in.

Get your nose and brain away from what you have read that "should" work or where they "should" be. Muskies can't read. In this silly dance we play with them it's what makes them smarter than us. We bang our heads over and over against the same brick wall and still continue to do them. That's insanity. Some will fish an 8 foot weed edge for an entire week and never contact a fish and wonder what they are doing wrong. That's not a "tough bite" that's simply dumb. Bang head, brick wall.

Simply finding something muskies will eat is only part of the puzzle. Other environmental relationships can be exploited to narrow down your search.

If something isn't working get away from the thought and frustration that it should work.
BNelson
Posted 8/6/2013 10:39 AM (#655731 - in reply to #655692)

cooler temps can and does bring a lot of the baitfish into/on structure whether thats weeds or rocks., I agree with using your electronics (or look for other panfishermen/walleye guys) and find the bait. Last week on LOTW areas with lots of minnows/perch/eyes, also had lots of muskies....not rocket science.

Edited by BNelson 8/6/2013 10:49 AM
aageditch
Posted 8/10/2013 10:38 PM (#656759 - in reply to #655692)

I have also been struggling lately. Got 2 tonight on topwaters, and one about a week ago but the bites have been patterns I would expect on opener. I don't know where to go from here and the piggies are eluding me
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)