Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> New to muskie fishing! please help !!

Message Subject: New to muskie fishing! please help !!
seamus
Posted 7/30/2013 5:07 PM (#654561)
Subject: New to muskie fishing! please help !!

Hi i am a 16 year old guy who loves to fish. I have been fishing for muskies for about 2 years now with little to no success I have caught one big fish but I believe it was mostly luck. I really only fish in the summer with school and everything. I was wondering if you could help me out i fish on Georgian bay and specifically around the midland area. I have been reading a lot about open water fishing and have never done this before. How deep are spots that you should be trolling? Also what should i do when casting I usually fish around 8 to 12 feet but dont have that much luck. Any information would be much appreciated I love fishing and love musky and would really enjoy to catch some more!
Thanks seamus.
The Swan
Posted 7/31/2013 10:15 AM (#654708 - in reply to #654561)
Subject: RE: New to muskie fishing! please help !!

You are not in an easy place. I remember the Georgian Bay from when I was a young guy. I would not expect to find high numbers there. Excellent specimens, yes. High numbers, no. I would not waste time on open water trolling. You are really shooting in the dark there. I would concentrate on structure fishing and I would be throwing medium to deep diving crankbaits. Natural colors would be my first choice. The structures I would concentrate on would be shoals, points, deep weed beds and island clusters. I would get a copy of Dick Pearson's book, "Muskies On The Shield," and I would study it. He'll show you the way.
seamus
Posted 7/31/2013 1:25 PM (#654767 - in reply to #654708)
Subject: RE: New to muskie fishing! please help !!

Thanks for the advice and I'll check out the book!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)