Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Island Lake

Message Subject: Island Lake
MuskiesinMN
Posted 8/2/2013 7:01 PM (#655212)
Subject: Island Lake

Anyone been out to island lake in pine county minnesota this year? I'm thinking about fishing it this weekend and have never fished it for muskies.
Propster
Posted 8/2/2013 11:37 PM (#655238 - in reply to #655212)
Subject: Re: Island Lake

We used to fish it quite a bit, but haven't for two years now. Wasn't that good the last couple times we did, but prior to that we had what I would call decent fishing. Some action and up to 49". Try the hump in the middle out from the access if the cabbage is good. Early and late with top water and cowgirls. Then try the west shore in the northern end of the lake, in front if the big cabin. Nice weed flat that sticks or there. Let us know if you do any good.
Lundbob
Posted 8/3/2013 11:02 AM (#655274 - in reply to #655212)
Subject: RE: Island Lake

I used to fish it a lot. Caught my first muskie there bass fishing. Never fished bass since. There are some nice fish in there. But i heard a story a few years back one of the locals started harvesting all he could. Sick of all the muskie fisherman on such a small lake i suppose. The last 2 times i have been there i have not seen a fish. So i guess his plan worked. I haven't been there the last 2 years. I would be interested in hearing a report if someone was willing to share.

Edited by Lundbob 8/3/2013 11:03 AM
MuskiesinMN
Posted 8/4/2013 6:44 PM (#655463 - in reply to #655212)
Subject: Re: Island Lake

Threw a topwater and bucktails the majority of the time I fished today. Didnt see a single ski but lost a monster pike boatside on about my tenth cast. I saw another guy muskie fishing so I'm sure there is still a decent population. I'll probably try it again a time or two this year. Lots of weeds around the shoreline more dead than alive though.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)