Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake DuBay Help

Message Subject: Lake DuBay Help
Jbo
Posted 8/8/2013 8:10 PM (#656331)
Subject: Lake DuBay Help

Heading up to Lake Dubay this weekend for the first time. Just wondering if anyone would like to offer some pointers or general locations on where to try. Thanks in advance
bobtodd
Posted 8/8/2013 8:49 PM (#656346 - in reply to #656331)
Subject: Re: Lake DuBay Help

I live 15 minutes south of Dubay in Stevens Point. I've never made up there..lots of water to explore. Be interesting to see if anybody chimes in. There's a boat ramp just below the Dubay dam on the west side of the WI river. I know the dam and areas south of the dam can be good spots to try.
Cowboyhannah
Posted 8/8/2013 9:37 PM (#656369 - in reply to #656331)

There are a number of dams with landings nearby....dubay dam, domtar dam, Mosinee dam, eaupleine dam...put in at any or all and fish the incurrent and breaks.
ILmuskie
Posted 8/9/2013 7:24 AM (#656413 - in reply to #656346)

bobtodd - 8/8/2013 10:49 PM

I live 15 minutes south of Dubay in Stevens Point. I've never made up there..lots of water to explore. Be interesting to see if anybody chimes in. There's a boat ramp just below the Dubay dam on the west side of the WI river. I know the dam and areas south of the dam can be good spots to try.

I heard of this lake and I always want to fish there! I heard some large musky there. My aunt and cousins live near Pittsville so Someday I would love to fish Dubay Lake!
Esoxman22
Posted 8/9/2013 10:12 AM (#656483 - in reply to #656331)
Subject: RE: Lake DuBay Help

fish the dams. best place to fish on the lake. muskies hold up in the current all year round
wisconsinriverrat
Posted 8/10/2013 6:43 AM (#656669 - in reply to #656331)
Subject: RE: Lake DuBay Help

its a small flowage... fish islands, even if you cant see the current its there and fish where the edges are... fish shore lines bays and don't be afraid to go into no mans land and fish mid lake structure... sounds vag I no but you will find fish everywhere
ulbian
Posted 8/10/2013 7:52 AM (#656675 - in reply to #656331)

I wouldn't consider it a small flowage. Sure, it's not the Chippewa Flowage but it sure as heck isn't McDill Pond. Just under 7000 acres gives a ton of different elements to choose from.

It holds some very impressive fish....but then again there isn't a section of the WI River that doesn't. It's a flowage so it has current. Pay attention to how the current interacts with the environment. Seams, eddies, etc. It's also a neat place to tap into what many dont view as traditional structure. If you truly want to have a blast and hit it just right, bring about a 4wt or 5wt fly rod along and find surfacing carp. This was usually a good time of the year for this and my time spent out there quickly shifted from fishing muskies to going after carp. Carp using that tactic is incredible fun
ILmuskie
Posted 8/11/2013 7:34 AM (#656775 - in reply to #656331)

Small? Almost 7000 acres is big for me! I also heard that some very large northern there, too! Lot of food for muskie and pike!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)